Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.75 Average
Grand River Transit
Just don't. I hate this.

https://kitchener.citynews.ca/2023/10/05...vertising/

Regional staff recommending more advertising on GRT

At least they agreed (so far, anyway) to not have adverts on the LRT. I'd hate to not be able to see out the windows.

Edit: That's what I get for not reading the article first haha.
Yeah, that's incredibly disappointing.

Like most people (or at least most North Americans) regional staff (and probably council) don't even comprehend that advertisements have a cost.

It's interesting how for something people are willing to pay so much money for (well, not really that much compared with the GRT budget, but that's a separate issue) that people don't realise that it is actually impactful.

Oh well.

I will gloat a bit more...the Netherlands has very VERY little public advertising. Basically none on transit vehicles, few to no billboards...occasional advertisements on major roads but relatively minimal.
Can we at least get Hello Kitty and Evangelion wraps as well?
Since “dignity” and “respect” aren’t objective things to measure in the equation, of course staff recommended that abomination of a plan.
local cambridge weirdo
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like? Copypasta joke aside, has anyone really seen an ad on a bus and used the service? It's extremely rare I see an ad and impulsively buy or use whatever the ad was for.
(10-05-2023, 05:42 PM)ac3r Wrote: Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like? Copypasta joke aside, has anyone really seen an ad on a bus and used the service? It's extremely rare I see an ad and impulsively buy or use whatever the ad was for.

Personally it's a requirement for me when I need personal injury lawyers
local cambridge weirdo

(10-05-2023, 09:33 PM)bravado Wrote:
(10-05-2023, 05:42 PM)ac3r Wrote: Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like? Copypasta joke aside, has anyone really seen an ad on a bus and used the service? It's extremely rare I see an ad and impulsively buy or use whatever the ad was for.

Personally it's a requirement for me when I need personal injury lawyers

If someone gets hit by a bus, the bus itself tells them who to call!
(10-05-2023, 02:26 PM)Chris Wrote: Just don't. I hate this.

We can write to our councillors...
(10-05-2023, 11:57 PM)plam Wrote:
(10-05-2023, 02:26 PM)Chris Wrote: Just don't. I hate this.

We can write to our councillors...

My councillor is busy running for MPP so I have the impression she doesn't care about my city or neighbourhood right now. I wish they had to vacate their city seat to run in another election.
(10-06-2023, 09:22 AM)Chris Wrote:
(10-05-2023, 11:57 PM)plam Wrote: We can write to our councillors...

My councillor is busy running for MPP so I have the impression she doesn't care about my city or neighbourhood right now. I wish they had to vacate their city seat to run in another election.

Wouldn't it be regional councilors, not city councilors, that you'd write about this?
(10-06-2023, 09:22 AM)Chris Wrote:
(10-05-2023, 11:57 PM)plam Wrote: We can write to our councillors...

Chapman and Clancy are both City councillors. This would be Regional Council that you would be writing to.
ah ya, can I go on yelling at clouds now? LOL.

We were promised that there would be no wraps on ION trains. I recommend that whoever suggested this take it back.
You...believed...political promises? :'D
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »