Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 4.38 Average
Charlie West (Charles & Gaukel) | 31 fl | Complete
Will they also have a name change? (just like the King St Trio became the King St Trio on University in Waterloo)

(01-13-2022, 10:03 PM)nms Wrote: Will they also have a name change? (just like the King St Trio became the King St Trio on University in Waterloo)

When I spoke to the owner a couple months back he said they’d be keeping the current name
(01-11-2022, 04:40 PM)ac3r Wrote: Maybe we can even call it Tempelhof Square, given our links to Berlin... :^)

Now there is an idea to get the old jimmies rustled even more... hah.
271 West is now open on the main floor!
Wondering if we can buy a parking spot? I purchased a unit but it does not come with a parking spot.
Is it just me or is this not square in two places?

Attached Files Image(s)

Not square?

Seems pretty rectangular to me ...

(03-22-2022, 11:37 PM)ac3r Wrote: Not square?

The balconies protrude ever so slightly outwards, looks like a mistake to me.
looks like this is almost all but complete.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CbdKtPJtJ9m/
Who has taken the other commercial spaces, besides the restaurant?
(03-24-2022, 11:01 AM)panamaniac Wrote: Who has taken the other commercial spaces, besides the restaurant?

One was a real estate brokerage, not sure of the others.
(03-24-2022, 11:01 AM)panamaniac Wrote: Who has taken the other commercial spaces, besides the restaurant?

Based on the building permits there will be, from Kitchener west to east along the Charles St side:
  1. A real estate office
  2. An optometrist
  3. A European deli and grocery store
  4. 271 West restaurant.

The deli/grocery unit is the largest of the four, at just shy of 2000 sq ft. Units 1-3 (technically known as units 1A to 1C, with 271 West being unit 2) all have their entrance west of the stairwell under the parking garage, so they have much less visibility than 271 West.

Wasn't there also a satellite art gallery for KWAG? I don't believe it was an actual space one can go in, just some section of windows where they could display some small exhibitions.
I don’t recall that.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »