Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
To me, closed = impassable. They are working and don't want people there, so I avoid the area.

(07-24-2015, 08:45 AM)Canard Wrote: To me, closed = impassable. They are working and don't want people there, so I avoid the area.

Canard, I suspect that you keep your workspace very tidy.  Wink
I enjoyed watching the excavator crushing old sewer pipes on Caroline this morning.

There was a reference on Twitter yesterday regarding the IHT/Laurel Trail connection up Caroline currently being like a war zone. After walking it, it's not hard to imagine. Short term pain...
Yeah, I've been doing a dozen different routings to find something that feels right:

I really liked
Caroline -> FDB -> Laurel Trail or Euclid -> FDB -> Laurel Trail
but then they closed the connection from FDB to Laurel when they started the rail bridge construction. I'm not going to bike on Erb, so that pushed me back on to Caroline, which while constructiony, still feels safer.
The Charles/Ontario intersection looks to have all its underground work done, I won't be surprised if it reopens early next week.

[Image: 20150725_091547.jpg]
Woo-hoo! Bring on the curbing and tracks!
(07-25-2015, 07:30 PM)KevinL Wrote: The Charles/Ontario intersection looks to have all its underground work done, I won't be surprised if it reopens early next week.

How was it so much faster than Charles/Gaukel?

I know that the Gaukel intersection was filled with all kinds of unexpected material, which added significant delays.
(07-25-2015, 08:57 PM)Canard Wrote: Woo-hoo! Bring on the curbing and tracks!

Don't expect that any time soon.  William / Caroline is still gravel.
First train over the new Laurel Creek bridge went through about 30 minutes ago.
Why did they extend the closure to August 4th?? This is from the ION Website : Charles and Ontario Charles and Ontario, in Kitchener, intersection is closed until approximately August 4. - See more at: http://www.rideion.ca/traffic-updates.ht...BsV5j.dpuf
(07-26-2015, 02:35 AM)Square Wrote: Why did they extend the closure to August 4th?? 

Perhaps there's some more work to conclude that isn't obvious.
There have been references in other notices to the extensive rainfall that seems to be causing delays this summer. That could be the reasoning too.

Thank you for the replies.
(07-26-2015, 12:15 AM)ijmorlan Wrote: First train over the new Laurel Creek bridge went through about 30 minutes ago.

For train spotters: Did you get the train number, exact time and other info?

JK > just kidding 
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »