Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 13 Vote(s) - 3.85 Average
General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours
(02-18-2022, 06:03 PM)tomh009 Wrote: Just need a nice quiet F+P fridge! Big Grin

I tried to fix the fridge there and made it a bit better by replacing some foam. But, hey, I was just housesitting... he did replace the fridge for the new tenant though.

We will keep that in mind next time we need a new fridge!

(02-18-2022, 01:01 PM)Lens Wrote:
(02-17-2022, 09:10 PM)jeffster Wrote: Studio units -- what would the price for these be? Todays market is insane, but how much can you ask for something like this?

$1300-$1600

It's a condo -- how much would a unit sale for?

I also wonder how much condo fees would be. Not that I am interested, I am simply curious.
(02-18-2022, 07:52 PM)jeffster Wrote:
(02-18-2022, 01:01 PM)Lens Wrote: $1300-$1600

It's a condo -- how much would a unit sale for?

I also wonder how much condo fees would be. Not that I am interested, I am simply curious.

Given that smaller units tend to be more expensive per square foot, and that new buildings are now hitting the $1000/sqft mark, I don't think these will be much cheaper, even if the amenities will be much more limited. Maybe $800-900/sqft?

Condo fees should be in the normal range, I'd say 0.45-0.50/sqft.
(02-18-2022, 08:59 PM)tomh009 Wrote:
(02-18-2022, 07:52 PM)jeffster Wrote: It's a condo -- how much would a unit sale for?

Given that smaller units tend to be more expensive per square foot, and that new buildings are now hitting the $1000/sqft mark, I don't think these will be much cheaper, even if the amenities will be much more limited. Maybe $800-900/sqft?

Condo fees should be in the normal range, I'd say 0.45-0.50/sqft.

So if they're 300 sf, x $800, that's $240,000 Plus condo fees (maybe $200 or so?).

My friend's condo is close to $600/month, though it's 3-bedroom.
(02-20-2022, 06:23 PM)jeffster Wrote:
(02-20-2022, 12:44 PM)tomh009 Wrote: I don't recall them being crack houses but maybe that's before we moved downtown?

It was a long time ago. Maybe 10 years or so, or more. I thought the developer had cleaned it up, and rented it out, but also wanted to make it into a relatively 'smaller' development. But this was years ago, probably the same time that Auburn was fighting with the neighbours on Courtland in that row of townhomes.

Right, that makes sense. I am quite sure they have been lived in for the past few years, but it does look like demolition is imminent now.
If the nimbys don’t like the 19 storey proposal at 22 Weber than they aren’t going to like this 27 storey proposal directly across the street at 149 Onatario st N

‘Proposing a 27 storey mixed-use building that includes commercial on the ground floor office use in the third floor and residential from floors 4-26. The 27th floor is proposed to contain shared amenity space both indoor and outdoors in a rooftop terrace. ‘

I think this a revision of that old ugly proposed building that wrapped around the heritage house. Hopefully this one is more appealing. No renders yet.
(02-23-2022, 02:38 PM)Lebronj23 Wrote: If the nimbys don’t like the 19 storey proposal at 22 Weber than they aren’t going to like this 27 storey proposal directly across the street at 149 Onatario st N

‘Proposing a 27 storey mixed-use building that includes commercial on the ground floor  office use in the third floor  and residential from floors 4-26. The 27th floor is proposed to contain shared amenity space  both indoor and outdoors in a rooftop terrace. ‘

I think this a revision of that old ugly proposed building that wrapped around the heritage house. Hopefully this one is more appealing. No renders yet.

Good. Unless that enormous concrete wall on the RBC building has been exposed long enough to be a heritage element at this point.

(02-23-2022, 02:38 PM)Lebronj23 Wrote: If the nimbys don’t like the 19 storey proposal at 22 Weber than they aren’t going to like this 27 storey proposal directly across the street at 149 Onatario st N

‘Proposing a 27 storey mixed-use building that includes commercial on the ground floor  office use in the third floor  and residential from floors 4-26. The 27th floor is proposed to contain shared amenity space  both indoor and outdoors in a rooftop terrace. ‘

Yep, that's the same address as https://www.waterlooregionconnected.com/...399&page=6 . Nice to see it's gained some height back. The renders that were on realtor.ca with the glass podium never made it to WRC, but they looked pretty good.
Don’t I recall the City rejecting the height of the earlier proposal?
Still a no-parking building, I assume?
Shot from the new (under construction) MUT today taking in the building progress other side of the rail line. Will be a whole different city-scape from here once the rest of Station Park goes up and probably one of the best downtown panoramas once all the development fills in.

What's a MUT? Is that Google's new parking garage?
(02-28-2022, 10:08 AM)Joedelay Highhoe Wrote: What's a MUT? Is that Google's new parking garage?

Multi-use trail
(02-28-2022, 10:08 AM)Joedelay Highhoe Wrote: What's a MUT? Is that Google's new parking garage?

Here's the garage of as yesterday:

The Petro Canada at Victoria and Edna looks to be ready to open shortly. After a quick drive by it looked like the exterior work is complete and they just need to stock the shelves and get some gas delivered.
(03-04-2022, 09:27 AM)Chris Wrote: The Petro Canada at Victoria and Edna looks to be ready to open shortly. After a quick drive by it looked like the exterior work is complete and they just need to stock the shelves and get some gas delivered.

Oh good. I was worried about having so few gas stations along Victoria /s
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »