Waterloo Region Connected
The Inclusive on Courtland | 38, 34, 30 & 29 fl | Proposed - Printable Version

+- Waterloo Region Connected (https://www.waterlooregionconnected.com)
+-- Forum: Land Development and Real Estate (https://www.waterlooregionconnected.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Suburbs (https://www.waterlooregionconnected.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: The Inclusive on Courtland | 38, 34, 30 & 29 fl | Proposed (/showthread.php?tid=736)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

RE: Virerra Village | 38, 34, 30 & 29fl | Proposed - panamaniac - 09-15-2019

I suspect it's a number of years off, if it's ever built at all.

RE: Virerra Village | ?m | 35fl, 33fl, 29fl, 29fl | Proposed - jeffster - 09-15-2019

(09-15-2019, 02:56 PM)Square Wrote:
(01-21-2019, 04:27 PM)Square Wrote: In the January Kitchener Citizen edition, [/url]Councillor John Gazzola mentioned that this development needs a zone change application.

[url=https://www.kitchener.ca/en/city-services/councillor-john-gazzola.aspx]
I E-mailed John last week, and he said that nothing has come to council, so this development has not been approved yet Sad

Well...that kind of sucks. It's a good spot being so close to the LRT. But I guess it might be difficult approving many things as so many NIMBY's come out whenever developers want to do anything. Perhaps not worth the battle for them.

RE: Virerra Village | 38, 34, 30 & 29fl | Proposed - KevinL - 09-15-2019

I think it might be delayed - and perhaps go through a redesign or other iteration - but I'm sure something dense will be built here. The proximity to the LRT station is too valuable for it not to.

RE: Virerra Village | 38, 34, 30 & 29fl | Proposed - ijmorlan - 09-15-2019

(09-15-2019, 10:10 PM)KevinL Wrote: I think it might be delayed - and perhaps go through a redesign or other iteration - but I'm sure something dense will be built here. The proximity to the LRT station is too valuable for it not to.

Also while I expect some NIMBYism, I think it’s pretty easy to dismiss most objections as pure NIMBYism in this particular case. The neighbours are a rail yard and a light industrial building. Then across the (big busy) street there are townhouses. Zero traffic impact on neighbourhood streets, and as you say right on top of an LRT station. So my guess is there won’t be a huge amount of opposition, and what there is will be truly absurd (except for shadow impacts — I can’t dismiss the entire category of shadow impact concerns as truly absurd).

Of course, absurdity isn’t an anti-requisite for having the ear of Council, but we’ll see.

RE: Virerra Village | 38, 34, 30 & 29fl | Proposed - jeffster - 09-15-2019

(09-15-2019, 11:34 PM)ijmorlan Wrote:
(09-15-2019, 10:10 PM)KevinL Wrote: I think it might be delayed - and perhaps go through a redesign or other iteration - but I'm sure something dense will be built here. The proximity to the LRT station is too valuable for it not to.

Also while I expect some NIMBYism, I think it’s pretty easy to dismiss most objections as pure NIMBYism in this particular case. The neighbours are a rail yard and a light industrial building. Then across the (big busy) street there are townhouses. Zero traffic impact on neighbourhood streets, and as you say right on top of an LRT station. So my guess is there won’t be a huge amount of opposition, and what there is will be truly absurd (except for shadow impacts — I can’t dismiss the entire category of shadow impact concerns as truly absurd).

Of course, absurdity isn’t an anti-requisite for having the ear of Council, but we’ll see.

The neighbours were concerned about the shadows and the wind tunnel that would be created. And they did mention traffic on Courtland.

RE: Virerra Village | 38, 34, 30 & 29fl | Proposed - panamaniac - 09-15-2019

(09-15-2019, 11:51 PM)jeffster Wrote:
(09-15-2019, 11:34 PM)ijmorlan Wrote: Also while I expect some NIMBYism, I think it’s pretty easy to dismiss most objections as pure NIMBYism in this particular case. The neighbours are a rail yard and a light industrial building. Then across the (big busy) street there are townhouses. Zero traffic impact on neighbourhood streets, and as you say right on top of an LRT station. So my guess is there won’t be a huge amount of opposition, and what there is will be truly absurd (except for shadow impacts — I can’t dismiss the entire category of shadow impact concerns as truly absurd).

The neighbours were concerned about the shadows and the wind tunnel that would be created. And they did mention traffic on Courtland.

And did it make any difference?

RE: Virerra Village | 38, 34, 30 & 29fl | Proposed - jeffster - 09-16-2019

(09-15-2019, 11:56 PM)panamaniac Wrote:
(09-15-2019, 11:51 PM)jeffster Wrote: The neighbours were concerned about the shadows and the wind tunnel that would be created. And they did mention traffic on Courtland.

And did it make any difference?

Judging by the current affairs, it may have.

RE: Virerra Village | 38, 34, 30 & 29fl | Proposed - panamaniac - 09-16-2019

(09-16-2019, 09:22 PM)jeffster Wrote:
(09-15-2019, 11:56 PM)panamaniac Wrote: And did it make any difference?

Judging by the current affairs, it may have.

How so?

RE: Virerra Village | 38, 34, 30 & 29fl | Proposed - jeffster - 09-21-2019

(09-16-2019, 09:28 PM)panamaniac Wrote:
(09-16-2019, 09:22 PM)jeffster Wrote: Judging by the current affairs, it may have.

How so?

I am guessing because there is not, apparently, anything happening on this site.

RE: Virerra Village | 38, 34, 30 & 29fl | Proposed - rangersfan - 02-05-2020

Has there been any news on this project?

RE: Virerra Village | 38, 34, 30 & 29fl | Proposed - Acitta - 02-05-2020

I did a search and found this from November. (link)[url=http://coreadvisory.ca/storeys/][/url]

CORE INVESTORS SUCCESSFULLY EXIT FROM $11.6M VIRERRA VILLAGE MORTGAGE

November 2019

CORE Capital Partners Inc. (FSCO Brokerage License No. 12497) and CORE Mortgage Admin Corp. (FSCO Mortgage Administration License No. 12345) are pleased to announce the successful exit of all its mortgage investors, amounting to $11.6 Million dollars from the Virerra Village Mortgage. Each investor received their principal and interest and all their contractual bonuses. Depending on their mortgage position investors received between 8% to 10% annual returns on their investment

CORE Capital Partners Inc. provided an alternative refinancing solution for the developer, Viridis Development Group Inc. Their proposed development, Virerra Village, is a 6.35-acre site situated at the intersection of Courtand Avenue and Block Line Road adjacent to one of the main Light Rail Transit (LRT) and the Rapid Transit Buses (GRT) station near with the property.

The proposed phase 1 will be a 27-storey building with a potential buildable area of 464,197 sq. ft. Phase 2 will feature a 32-storey building with a potential buildable area of 529,675 sq. ft. The site will undoubtedly be a landmark development for Kitchener upon completion.

Viridis Development Group Inc. will be submitting an application for site plan approval shortly to advance the project. The developers are working closely with a large private construction company based in Toronto as potential equity partner. CORE Capital Partner Inc. will assist in providing the developer with construction financing.

RE: Virerra Village | 38, 34, 30 & 29fl | Proposed - Acitta - 02-05-2020

The project is also mentioned on the websites of Brodie & Associates, Platinum Investment Real Estate Group and Skyrise Prefab but there doesn't seem to be any public information about the timeline of construction.

RE: Virerra Village | 38, 34, 30 & 29fl | Proposed - panamaniac - 02-05-2020

First tower, at least, will be a rental, I'm assuming?

RE: Virerra Village | 38, 34, 30 & 29fl | Proposed - KevinL - 12-09-2020

The Ion work that closes the line south of Mill this coming weekend, is partially to put in crossing plates to access this property. https://www.therecord.com/news/waterloo-region/2020/12/09/ion-service-disrupted-this-weekend.html

Quote:Crews will be installing plates to create a level crossing across the Ion tracks ... including one site just north of the station where Viridis Development plans to build four residential towers.

RE: Virerra Village | 38, 34, 30 & 29fl | Proposed - jeffster - 12-09-2020

(12-09-2020, 04:34 PM)KevinL Wrote: The Ion work that closes the line south of Mill this coming weekend, is partially to put in crossing plates to access this property. https://www.therecord.com/news/waterloo-region/2020/12/09/ion-service-disrupted-this-weekend.html

Quote:Crews will be installing plates to create a level crossing across the Ion tracks ... including one site just north of the station where Viridis Development plans to build four residential towers.

Interesing news. I was wondering what all the work on the street was for. Whenever I go to Fairview Park I go towards Blockline to get back home, which I always regret. On Monday it was simply a hot disaster. Yet, I keep forgetting I should go a different way....

Anyway, seems like good news. Maybe we'll see progress next spring.