Waterloo Region Connected
Debrodniks Donuts - Printable Version

+- Waterloo Region Connected (https://www.waterlooregionconnected.com)
+-- Forum: Waterloo Region Life (https://www.waterlooregionconnected.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Forum: Food, Dining and Nightlife (https://www.waterlooregionconnected.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+--- Thread: Debrodniks Donuts (/showthread.php?tid=578)

Pages: 1 2 3

Debrodniks Donuts - Canard - 05-15-2016

I'm not sure why, but this commercial makes me think of the Ty Ty Nursery ads from Georgia.

RE: Debrodniks Donuts - clasher - 05-15-2016

Kinda cute but I don't trust that panda.

When I used to eat eggs the donuts from Norris Bakery were my favourite in town.

RE: Debrodniks Donuts - panamaniac - 05-15-2016

I've heard of Debrodniks Doughnuts but I've never seen them anywhere. Do they really exist?

RE: Debrodniks Donuts - mpd618 - 05-15-2016

(05-15-2016, 10:19 PM)panamaniac Wrote: I've heard of Debrodniks Doughnuts but I've never seen them anywhere.  Do they really exist?

They existed as a weekend thing at Debrodnik's when it was a cafe at King/University. Then it existed as a weekend pop-up for a while in a nondescript building on Borden Street. Currently they don't exist anywhere, but the video suggests that will change.

RE: Debrodniks Donuts - panamaniac - 05-15-2016

Pending that, and in addition to Norris, I'm told that "Jimmy's Minis" on Lorraine near Lackner has good old-style doughnuts.

RE: Debrodniks Donuts - Elmira Guy - 05-15-2016

Canard. May I ask where you found that video? I would very much like to post it somewhere else.

RE: Debrodniks Donuts - mpd618 - 05-16-2016

(05-15-2016, 11:13 PM)Elmira Guy Wrote: Canard. May I ask where you found that video? I would very much like to post it somewhere else.

Can't speak for Canard, but Debrodnik's tweeted it.

RE: Debrodniks Donuts - jamincan - 05-16-2016

(05-15-2016, 11:06 PM)panamaniac Wrote: Pending that, and in addition to Norris, I'm told that "Jimmy's Minis" on Lorraine near Lackner has good old-style doughnuts.

I'll have to check them out. I hadn't even heard of them and I live less than a 5 minute drive away!

RE: Debrodniks Donuts - panamaniac - 05-16-2016

(05-16-2016, 07:59 AM)jamincan Wrote:
(05-15-2016, 11:06 PM)panamaniac Wrote: Pending that, and in addition to Norris, I'm told that "Jimmy's Minis" on Lorraine near Lackner has good old-style doughnuts.

I'll have to check them out. I hadn't even heard of them and I live less than a 5 minute drive away!

There was an article about them in the Record a few months back - the Record's business reporting, including its support for small local business, is one of the few things that keeps me reading that paper!

RE: Debrodniks Donuts - Elmira Guy - 05-16-2016

Cheers mpd618

RE: Debrodniks Donuts - MacBerry - 05-16-2016

(05-15-2016, 10:13 PM)clasher Wrote: Kinda cute but I don't trust that panda.

When I used to eat eggs the donuts from Norris Bakery were my favourite in town.

You should just eat around the eggs in the doughnuts   Big Grin   that way you can still enjoy a doughnut

RE: Debrodniks Donuts - Elmira Guy - 05-17-2016

I have no idea why, but I really like that video. Smile

RE: Debrodniks Donuts - rangersfan - 05-17-2016

I had a donut from there once and it was easily the best donut I have ever had.

Jimmy's are pretty good as well.

RE: Debrodniks Donuts - Canard - 05-20-2016

If we get a corgi it has been long established that I am naming him donut

RE: Debrodniks Donuts - Lens - 05-25-2016

The sign is up at Forest Glen plaza