Waterloo Region Connected
Station Park | 18, 28, 36, 40, 50 fl | U/C - Printable Version

+- Waterloo Region Connected (https://www.waterlooregionconnected.com)
+-- Forum: Land Development and Real Estate (https://www.waterlooregionconnected.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Urban Areas (https://www.waterlooregionconnected.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Station Park | 18, 28, 36, 40, 50 fl | U/C (/showthread.php?tid=38)

RE: Station Park (née SIXO) | 28 + 20? + 12? + ? fl | U/C - Rainrider22 - 11-11-2020

I was there yesterday and I can advise it is a deep hole. I can see why they want a lot of fencing, of you fell i to the hole it wouldn't be good... Insurance company and their safety officer are probably demanding it.

RE: Station Park (née SIXO) | 28 + 20? + 12? + ? fl | U/C - Acitta - 11-11-2020

(11-11-2020, 07:28 PM)Rainrider22 Wrote: I was there yesterday and I can advise it is a deep hole.  I can see why they want a lot of fencing, of you fell i to the hole it wouldn't be good... Insurance company and their safety officer are probably demanding it.
Doesn't chain link fencing keep people from falling in?

RE: Station Park (née SIXO) | 28 + 20? + 12? + ? fl | U/C - ac3r - 11-11-2020

Chain link fencing is easier to climb, I suppose. Much easier for their thieves to scale and go steal if they were tempted by anything.

There's also the cost. Chain link fence is expensive, whereas some 6x6 posts and plywood costs next to nothing.

RE: Station Park (née SIXO) | 28 + 20? + 12? + ? fl | U/C - white_brian - 11-11-2020

It could be Geraldo Rivera looking for Al Capone's vault. Or they are connecting to the top secret section of DTK and didn't want anyone to figure it out!

RE: Station Park (née SIXO) | 28 + 20? + 12? + ? fl | U/C - Square - 11-12-2020

(11-11-2020, 07:28 PM)Rainrider22 Wrote: I was there yesterday and I can advise it is a deep hole.  I can see why they want a lot of fencing, of you fell i to the hole it wouldn't be good... Insurance company and their safety officer are probably demanding it.
IIRC, did Charlie West not have a huge hole?  No fancy fortified fencing at that site, lol

RE: Station Park (née SIXO) | 28 + 20? + 12? + ? fl | U/C - Rainrider22 - 11-12-2020

I was very fortified actually. I tried to get close once because I couldn't see through all the hoarding. A security guard quickly asked me to step back.

RE: Station Park (née SIXO) | 28 + 20? + 12? + ? fl | U/C - clasher - 11-12-2020

(11-11-2020, 08:10 PM)ac3r Wrote: Chain link fencing is easier to climb, I suppose. Much easier for their thieves to scale and go steal if they were tempted by anything.

There's also the cost. Chain link fence is expensive, whereas some 6x6 posts and plywood costs next to nothing.

I'd guess the opposite... wood is expensive these days.

RE: Station Park (née SIXO) | 28 + 20? + 12? + ? fl | U/C - Lebronj23 - 11-16-2020

Does anyone know the height in metres for this project? Having trouble finding it

RE: Station Park (née SIXO) | 28 + 20? + 12? + ? fl | U/C - ac3r - 11-19-2020

I'm not sure, but this project might only be 2 towers after all? Quoting VanMar developments from their website:

Quote:Two condo towers 18 and 28 storeys high will make up the Union Towers at Station Park, a “destination” for Downtown Kitchener. With finishing options and design inspired by minimalistic form and function, and unmatched amenities like private cabanas and bowling lanes, living here truly is living out luxury.

Not certain if this implies there will only be 2, or if it'll be built in phases with the shorter towers being constructed in the future. I just happened to realize the thread title lists 4 towers of 28/20/12/? floors.

RE: Station Park (née SIXO) | 28 + 20? + 12? + ? fl | U/C - ZEBuilder - 11-19-2020

(11-19-2020, 01:06 PM)ac3r Wrote: I'm not sure, but this project might only be 2 towers after all? Quoting VanMar developments from their website:

Quote:Two condo towers 18 and 28 storeys high will make up the Union Towers at Station Park, a “destination” for Downtown Kitchener. With finishing options and design inspired by minimalistic form and function, and unmatched amenities like private cabanas and bowling lanes, living here truly is living out luxury.

Not certain if this implies there will only be 2, or if it'll be built in phases with the shorter towers being constructed in the future.

I'm pretty sure it implies that the Union Towers part of the develop has those heights. If you go to stationpark.com and scroll down on the home page to 'the vision' it has a image of what the site looks like with the other buildings in a transparent white and they look to be about the same height as the 28 floor Union Towers tower.

RE: Station Park (née SIXO) | 28 + 20? + 12? + ? fl | U/C - Bjays93 - 11-19-2020

(11-19-2020, 01:06 PM)ac3r Wrote: I'm not sure, but this project might only be 2 towers after all? Quoting VanMar developments from their website:

Not certain if this implies there will only be 2, or if it'll be built in phases with the shorter towers being constructed in the future. I just happened to realize the thread title lists 4 towers of 28/20/12/? floors.
I believe union towers is simply what they are calling the first phase. The thread title is well out of date as far as I'm aware. 

I dont know if they have publicly announced any of the heights of future towers, or if their master plan renders are just placeholders, but I think there has been some rumour that these aren't the tallest towers and there could be more to come. Only time will tell but this is definitely not all there is.

RE: Station Park (née SIXO) | 28 + 20? + 12? + ? fl | U/C - tomh009 - 11-19-2020

(11-19-2020, 06:25 PM)Bjays93 Wrote:
(11-19-2020, 01:06 PM)ac3r Wrote: Not certain if this implies there will only be 2, or if it'll be built in phases with the shorter towers being constructed in the future. I just happened to realize the thread title lists 4 towers of 28/20/12/? floors.

I believe union towers is simply what they are calling the first phase. The thread title is well out of date as far as I'm aware. 

The thread title will continue to be out of date until we actually know what they are going to build.

RE: Station Park (née SIXO) | 28 + 20? + 12? + ? fl | U/C - Bjays93 - 11-20-2020

(11-19-2020, 09:27 PM)tomh009 Wrote:
(11-19-2020, 06:25 PM)Bjays93 Wrote: I believe union towers is simply what they are calling the first phase. The thread title is well out of date as far as I'm aware. 

The thread title will continue to be out of date until we actually know what they are going to build.
Yes, I was in no way trying to suggest you guys were slacking. Which is why I followed up with, well exactly what you said, we don't really know what they are going to build. I was just pointing out that people shouldn't rely on the title as an indication of what they are going to build here.

RE: Station Park (née SIXO) | 28 + 20? + 12? + ? fl | U/C - CP42 - 11-26-2020

(11-19-2020, 06:25 PM)Bjays93 Wrote:

I dont know if they have publicly announced any of the heights of future towers, or if their master plan renders are just placeholders, but I think there has been some rumour that these aren't the tallest towers and there could be more to come. Only time will tell but this is definitely not all there is.

As per a recent Van Mar’s Instagram post “The first phase will consist of two buildings, 28-storeys and 18-storeys respectively with three levels of underground parking, consisting of a total of 583 suites.”

https://www.instagram.com/p/CIBOlUogHqs/?igshid=w2urmld60878

Last fall, Condo Culture indicated they believed the second phase would consist of two towers >30 stories, but was not confirmed.

RE: Station Park (née SIXO) | 28 + 20? + 12? + ? fl | U/C - Momo26 - 11-28-2020

This is supposed to be the focal point of K-W apparently. Coupled with a new state-of-the-art transit hub, the place to be.