Waterloo Region Connected
Station Park | 18, 28, 36, 40, 50 fl | U/C - Printable Version

+- Waterloo Region Connected (https://www.waterlooregionconnected.com)
+-- Forum: Land Development and Real Estate (https://www.waterlooregionconnected.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Urban Areas (https://www.waterlooregionconnected.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Station Park | 18, 28, 36, 40, 50 fl | U/C (/showthread.php?tid=38)

RE: King's Crossing | 12 fl | Proposed - rangersfan - 08-26-2016

From the Humphreys and Partners Architects renders I really like the style and massing of all three buildings. I hope that the three towers remain, with all the mixed use elements and an improved pedestrian interaction concept emerges.

I haven't looked at the site plan or the after LRT grading in great detail but I would really like to see a street wall a long king of all/ some of the projects retail space with the upper levels of parking garage hidden in behind and all the towers above.

RE: King's Crossing | 12 fl | Proposed - jordan2423 - 08-26-2016

(08-26-2016, 04:54 AM)rangersfan Wrote: From the Humphreys and Partners Architects renders I really like the style and massing of all three buildings. I hope that the three towers remain, with all the mixed use elements and an improved pedestrian interaction concept emerges.

I haven't looked at the site plan or the after LRT grading in great detail but I would really like to see a street wall a long king of all/ some of the projects retail space with the upper levels of parking garage hidden in behind and all the towers above.

I think this is the proposal they will be going with. I'm not all too familiar with architecture and their renderings, but I believe they wouldn't go that far with renderings and planning for it not to be built. Correct?

I could be wrong. 

Looking at the other proposals they have in Canada (in edmonton), those towers (one being 60 floors) looks very nice.  
Out of curiosity, would kitchener allow a high-rise like that be built here? 
If not, why not? 
Would love to see stuff like that in the future, as we grow as a city.

RE: King's Crossing | 12 fl | Proposed - Lens - 08-26-2016

I'm pretty sure the Zehr group simply hasn't updated their website. That render has been on there for over 2 years now and other parts of their site are outdated.

RE: King's Crossing | 12 fl | Proposed - Pheidippides - 09-10-2016

Not sure if it is related to this project or Ion, but a construction trailer and fence showed up at the funeral home (the top of this wall was a good spot to see the Ion construction along King at Moore):

RE: King's Crossing | 12 fl | Proposed - jeffster - 09-10-2016

(09-10-2016, 11:48 AM)Pheidippides Wrote: Not sure if it is related to this project or Ion, but a construction trailer and fence showed up at the funeral home (the top of this wall was a good spot to see the Ion construction along King at Moore):

Looks like it is totally on the Zehr Group property, makes me think it has nothing to do with the ION. Does anyone know if Miller is one of the GrandLinq sub-contractors?

RE: King's Crossing | 12 fl | Proposed - clasher - 09-10-2016

I think Miller just rents those trailers, pretty sure I've seen 'em on jobs I've worked.

RE: King's Crossing | 12 fl | Proposed - C Plus - 09-16-2016

(09-10-2016, 09:12 PM)BrianT Wrote: The LCBO store lease is up at the end of the year. Not sure about the few remaining tenants though.

Talked to a clerk a few months back and they seemed to think they would have bridge month to month leases.

RE: King's Crossing | 12 fl | Proposed - panamaniac - 09-17-2016

(09-16-2016, 05:14 PM)C Plus Wrote:
(09-10-2016, 09:12 PM)BrianT Wrote: The LCBO store lease is up at the end of the year. Not sure about the few remaining tenants though.

Talked to a clerk a few months back and they seemed to think they would have bridge month to month leases.
In reply to a complaint about that crappy LCBO outlet, I had a message back from LCBO a few months ago saying that they had no plans for a new Downtown location.

RE: King's Crossing | 12 fl | Proposed - tomh009 - 09-18-2016

(09-17-2016, 09:34 AM)panamaniac Wrote:
(09-16-2016, 05:14 PM)C Plus Wrote: Talked to a clerk a few months back and they seemed to think they would have bridge month to month leases.

In reply to a complaint about that crappy LCBO outlet, I had a message back from LCBO a few months ago saying that they had no plans for a new Downtown location.

At least none that they could disclose ...

If they do close this one, and not open anywhere else, it'll leave a big gap in downtown Kitchener.  Will need to wait for the LRT to start up, I guess, and then use the one in uptown Waterloo.

RE: King's Crossing | 12 fl | Proposed - Elmira Guy - 09-18-2016

Excluding the LCBO at King & William (and obviously the existing one being referenced here), where is the closest LCBO to downtown Kitchener?

RE: King's Crossing | 12 fl | Proposed - Markster - 09-18-2016

Probably the one on Highland west of Belmont?

[edit] checking google maps, it looks like the one on Victoria St N is technically closest.

RE: King's Crossing | 12 fl | Proposed - Elmira Guy - 09-18-2016

The one on Victoria is quite small as well.

I would be quite surprised if a new and larger LCBO was not opened downtown. It would seem counter-intuitive not to. Then again...

RE: King's Crossing | 12 fl | Proposed - tomh009 - 09-18-2016

(09-18-2016, 12:52 PM)Markster Wrote: Probably the one on Highland west of Belmont?

[edit] checking google maps, it looks like the one on Victoria St N is technically closest.

Depends on where you are downtown.  From city hall, Victoria St N is somewhat closer.  For me (and I think Markster also) Highland is actually slightly closer.  In any case it's more than 2 km, a 20+ minute walk.

RE: King's Crossing | 12 fl | Proposed - panamaniac - 09-19-2016

A piece in the Daily Commercial News suggests a start on this project in "early 2018".

http://dailycommercialnews.com/Projects/News/2016/9/Massive-mixed-use-development-slated-for-Kitchener-1018486W/

RE: King's Crossing | 12 fl | Proposed - tomh009 - 09-19-2016

(09-19-2016, 09:59 AM)panamaniac Wrote: A piece in the Daily Commercial News suggests a start on this project in "early 2018".

http://dailycommercialnews.com/Projects/News/2016/9/Massive-mixed-use-development-slated-for-Kitchener-1018486W/

Thanks for the link!  I do like Don Zehr's quote:
Quote:Zehr said the overall goal of the project is to create "a very people friendly" environment on what is now a premier downtown development site.