Waterloo Region Connected
Trails - Printable Version

+- Waterloo Region Connected (https://www.waterlooregionconnected.com)
+-- Forum: Waterloo Region Works (https://www.waterlooregionconnected.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Forum: Transportation and Infrastructure (https://www.waterlooregionconnected.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Thread: Trails (/showthread.php?tid=378)

RE: Trails - Canard - 12-18-2018

What’s worse is the design on Northfield, and even further worse, the fully built-from-scratch Fairway Road Extension, which has a barrier... for the sidewalk. Cyclists are sandwiched between said barrier and 80 km/h limit (100 km/h actual) traffic.

RE: Trails - danbrotherston - 12-18-2018

(12-18-2018, 10:28 AM)Canard Wrote: What’s worse is the design on Northfield, and even further worse, the fully built-from-scratch Fairway Road Extension, which has a barrier... for the sidewalk. Cyclists are sandwiched between said barrier and 80 km/h limit (100 km/h actual) traffic.

Exactly this!

And the Region's staff planned a similar design for Weber St, and I went to council to speak against it, the transportation commissioner explicitly testified that the design was fine and to the standard (it isn't). A short time later the design was changed, without any real admission that they made a mistake, but at least they're not going to build that dangerous shit.

The frustrating thing is we raised these exact same issues at ATAC and were ignored.

RE: Trails - KevinT - 12-18-2018

Thanks for your advocacy Dan.

RE: Trails - Spokes - 12-18-2018

(12-18-2018, 10:59 AM)danbrotherston Wrote:
(12-18-2018, 10:28 AM)Canard Wrote: What’s worse is the design on Northfield, and even further worse, the fully built-from-scratch Fairway Road Extension, which has a barrier... for the sidewalk. Cyclists are sandwiched between said barrier and 80 km/h limit (100 km/h actual) traffic.

Exactly this!

And the Region's staff planned a similar design for Weber St, and I went to council to speak against it, the transportation commissioner explicitly testified that the design was fine and to the standard (it isn't). A short time later the design was changed, without any real admission that they made a mistake, but at least they're not going to build that dangerous shit.

The frustrating thing is we raised these exact same issues at ATAC and were ignored.

Unfortunately I've heard this about many issues from many different people with regards to the ATAC.  Sometimes I wonder if the committees they have exist to just look like there's a "process"

RE: Trails - timc - 12-18-2018

Having been on the Waterloo committee, I found it was a lot of that. Plans would be shared, feedback gathered and mostly ignored. I couldn't rationalize spending my time on it.

RE: Trails - Canard - 12-20-2018

Oh my god, haha - I just noticed a new detail with the Franklin St. Bridge MUT design that is going to make Dan scream (it’ll make all of us scream). It’s unreal. I have to get a photo....

RE: Trails - clasher - 12-20-2018

LOL, I can't wait to see it!

RE: Trails - Canard - 12-23-2018

RE: Trails - jamincan - 12-24-2018

Great news!

RE: Trails - KevinL - 01-04-2019

Noticed tonight that the Ottawa to Grenville path has the lights turned on. It's still barricaded at either end, however.

RE: Trails - KevinL - 01-04-2019

(01-04-2019, 12:36 AM)KevinL Wrote: Noticed tonight that the Ottawa to Grenville path has the lights turned on. It's still barricaded at either end, however.

In fact, one of them stayed on into today...

[Image: 5nIEMD6.jpg]

RE: Trails - Canard - 01-05-2019

Oh no!

Did you contact the project team?

RE: Trails - Canard - 01-13-2019

The MUT on King between Northfield and Conestogo is finally paved and open!

RE: Trails - KevinL - 01-13-2019

Huzzah!

RE: Trails - Spokes - 01-14-2019

Yes!! Thanks Canard for drawing attention to this!