Waterloo Region Connected
General Road and Highway Discussion - Printable Version

+- Waterloo Region Connected (https://www.waterlooregionconnected.com)
+-- Forum: Waterloo Region Works (https://www.waterlooregionconnected.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Forum: Transportation and Infrastructure (https://www.waterlooregionconnected.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Thread: General Road and Highway Discussion (/showthread.php?tid=335)

RE: General Road and Highway Discussion - KevinL - 10-28-2015

(10-28-2015, 11:35 AM)GtwoK Wrote: A little birdy told me that the Fountain St bridge over the 401 is open as of today! Can anyone confirm?

There's nothing anywhere online, and the estimated date remains November from what I can see.

RE: General Road and Highway Discussion - GtwoK - 10-28-2015

I doubt work would be finished as of yet. I'm sure there's still tons to do on it. Wouldn't be surprised if they decided to open it up for use, though.

I'm citing the road closures page, which listed the bridge as supposedly opening last week, but being updated as "reopened" today.

That being said, the MTO site still lists the construction completion date as November 7th.

RE: General Road and Highway Discussion - greybird - 10-28-2015

I also heard it was open today.

RE: General Road and Highway Discussion - Canard - 10-28-2015

Hrm, wow - I guess you're right, it's all over twitter. Wow, that's a hell of a fast turnaround! Way to go team. Now let's get lanes 4 and 5 done on 401!

RE: General Road and Highway Discussion - Canard - 10-29-2015

Yep - it's open, saw cars going across it this morning.

RE: General Road and Highway Discussion - timio - 10-30-2015

Highland from West to Westmount looks ready to open any day now. From what I saw last night, lines need to be painted and then the road itself is good to go.

Scheduled completion date is this weekend.

RE: General Road and Highway Discussion - Canard - 11-02-2015

Does anyone know when the 3>5 lane expansion of 401 between 8 and 24 is scheduled to come online?

RE: General Road and Highway Discussion - Markster - 11-02-2015

In about 4 years. I'd been hearing 5 when they started in the spring, and they've done one construction season since.

RE: General Road and Highway Discussion - GtwoK - 11-02-2015

The MTO site dates it at July 31, 2019.

RE: General Road and Highway Discussion - tomh009 - 11-02-2015

$120M buys a lot of construction fun. Smile

RE: General Road and Highway Discussion - panamaniac - 11-02-2015

The Franklin St bridge has now reopened.

RE: General Road and Highway Discussion - Canard - 11-02-2015

2019. Oh my god. No.

RE: General Road and Highway Discussion - timio - 11-03-2015

King (Northbound lanes) is being paved between Weber and 85 today.

RE: General Road and Highway Discussion - KevinL - 11-08-2015

Ottawa and Fischer-Hallman has had its pedestrian crossings 'upgraded' with a zebra pattern.

[Image: 20151108_105943.jpg]

RE: General Road and Highway Discussion - Canard - 11-08-2015

I think that's a great idea. Since nobody understands what a stop bar is, at least now there's a very obvious visual cue that you need to stop behind the pedestrian crosswalk when the light is red.