Waterloo Region Connected
Mall Retail (Cambridge Centre, Conestoga, Fairview) - Printable Version

+- Waterloo Region Connected (https://www.waterlooregionconnected.com)
+-- Forum: Waterloo Region Life (https://www.waterlooregionconnected.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Forum: Retail (https://www.waterlooregionconnected.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Mall Retail (Cambridge Centre, Conestoga, Fairview) (/showthread.php?tid=256)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

RE: Mall Retail (Cambridge Centre, Conestoga, Fairview) - DHLawrence - 03-06-2017

Agreed. HBC and Walmart are boxes by comparison.

RE: Mall Retail (Cambridge Centre, Conestoga, Fairview) - razzie13 - 03-07-2017

Construction fencing has gone up in front of the Conestoga Mall Target location.

RE: Mall Retail (Cambridge Centre, Conestoga, Fairview) - TMKM94 - 05-27-2017

I know someone said they heard a rumour about Starbucks opening in the old TD Canada Trust location at Fairview Park Mall but I can't find the post. I can confirm the rumour is true though. There is a big sign outside in front of the old TD that says Starbucks Coffee coming Soon.

RE: Mall Retail (Cambridge Centre, Conestoga, Fairview) - KevinL - 05-27-2017

That would make it the second Starbucks on Fairway, there's one just a couple blocks west of the mall.

RE: Mall Retail (Cambridge Centre, Conestoga, Fairview) - The85 - 05-27-2017

(05-27-2017, 12:46 PM)KevinL Wrote: That would make it the second Starbucks on Fairway, there's one just a couple blocks west of the mall.

All I can think about is this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRz3vfRFfs4

I also noticed a new Starbucks is opening in the Wendy's plaza beside Conestoga Mall.

RE: Mall Retail (Cambridge Centre, Conestoga, Fairview) - tomh009 - 05-28-2017

There is no SB downtown -- but I counted more than ten (!) coffee shops within three blocks of King/Ontario. And yet I can't think of a single one that has closed in the last few years.

RE: Mall Retail (Cambridge Centre, Conestoga, Fairview) - Markster - 05-28-2017

(05-28-2017, 03:54 PM)tomh009 Wrote: There is no SB downtown -- but I counted more than ten (!) coffee shops within three blocks of King/Ontario.  And yet I can't think of a single one that has closed in the last few years.

The coffee place that was where Darlise is now closed up!

RE: Mall Retail (Cambridge Centre, Conestoga, Fairview) - clasher - 05-28-2017

(05-28-2017, 03:54 PM)tomh009 Wrote: There is no SB downtown -- but I counted more than ten (!) coffee shops within three blocks of King/Ontario.  And yet I can't think of a single one that has closed in the last few years.

The Caffeine district; it's what fuels the innovation district...

RE: Mall Retail (Cambridge Centre, Conestoga, Fairview) - panamaniac - 05-28-2017

Matter of Taste reigns supreme in my book. I'd kill for a flat white as good as their's here in Ottawa!

RE: Mall Retail (Cambridge Centre, Conestoga, Fairview) - Coke6pk - 05-29-2017

(05-27-2017, 12:46 PM)KevinL Wrote: That would make it the second Starbucks on Fairway, there's one just a couple blocks west of the mall.

And still zero east of King St in Kitchener [OK, technically the Chapters by Sportsworld counts, but it's no where close to Stanley Park where I care about Wink ]

Coke

RE: Mall Retail (Cambridge Centre, Conestoga, Fairview) - Viewfromthe42 - 05-29-2017

There will soon be a new joint there, right by King on Ontario, within a few weeks, and I expect it to be the best cup in town.

RE: Mall Retail (Cambridge Centre, Conestoga, Fairview) - Lens - 05-29-2017

Unicorn brew, I'm guessing?

RE: Mall Retail (Cambridge Centre, Conestoga, Fairview) - Viewfromthe42 - 05-29-2017

Him and another fellow, different name.

RE: Mall Retail (Cambridge Centre, Conestoga, Fairview) - razzie13 - 06-07-2017

The repurposing of the old Conestoga Mall Target location is well underway. There is now a hole punched in the Davenport Road side of the store for a new entrance, and the new mall corridor inside is visible.

RE: Mall Retail (Cambridge Centre, Conestoga, Fairview) - creative - 06-08-2017

It appears that they are cleaning the exterior of the Sears at Fairway mall as part of the store revamp. Just a small portion done so far but it looks amazing and bright white. No photo as I was driving by. I will try to get out that way to get a photo.