Waterloo Region Connected
Mall Retail (Cambridge Centre, Conestoga, Fairview) - Printable Version

+- Waterloo Region Connected (https://www.waterlooregionconnected.com)
+-- Forum: Waterloo Region Life (https://www.waterlooregionconnected.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Forum: Retail (https://www.waterlooregionconnected.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Mall Retail (Cambridge Centre, Conestoga, Fairview) (/showthread.php?tid=256)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

RE: Mall Retail (Cambridge Centre, Conestoga, Fairview) - Elmira Guy - 09-28-2016

If I am not mistaken as to the area of the property/mall you are talking about, doesn't this mess with where some bus routes enter the mall property? I'm thinking of the #12 specifically.

RE: Mall Retail (Cambridge Centre, Conestoga, Fairview) - The85 - 09-28-2016

Yes it would interfere with the GRT routes that travel along Davenport. The only way from Davenport to King through the mall property is beside Zehrs and in front of Galaxy and I don't know if the buses are diverting along that route now.

RE: Mall Retail (Cambridge Centre, Conestoga, Fairview) - Markster - 09-28-2016

Jeez, are they expanding it again? The Target already meant a significant expansion.

RE: Mall Retail (Cambridge Centre, Conestoga, Fairview) - Section ThirtyOne - 09-28-2016

I see that the EV charging stations have been removed. Sad

RE: Mall Retail (Cambridge Centre, Conestoga, Fairview) - tomh009 - 09-28-2016

(09-28-2016, 12:45 PM)Section ThirtyOne Wrote: I see that the EV charging stations have been removed. Sad

Hopefully just being relocated ...

RE: Mall Retail (Cambridge Centre, Conestoga, Fairview) - design.metro - 10-26-2016

Spareparts will be opening a store at Conestoga Mall beside Saje. I'm not sure if the store has been announced yet, but they are a relatively new Canadian accessory retailer from Saskatoon and have expansion plans for the rest of Canada.

RE: Mall Retail (Cambridge Centre, Conestoga, Fairview) - Section ThirtyOne - 10-27-2016

(09-28-2016, 12:47 PM)tomh009 Wrote:
(09-28-2016, 12:45 PM)Section ThirtyOne Wrote: I see that the EV charging stations have been removed. Sad

Hopefully just being relocated ...

Can confirm, the Chargepoint EV charging station was replaced once the lot re-alignment was completed. Cool

RE: Mall Retail (Cambridge Centre, Conestoga, Fairview) - MacBerry - 10-30-2016

(10-26-2016, 11:37 PM)design.metro Wrote: Spareparts will be opening a store at Conestoga Mall beside Saje. I'm not sure if the store has been announced yet, but they are a relatively new Canadian accessory retailer from Saskatoon and have expansion plans for the rest of Canada.

SpareParts >   Watches, Bags, Sunglasses and ....  http://www.sparepartslife.com/

RE: Mall Retail (Cambridge Centre, Conestoga, Fairview) - neromanceres - 10-30-2016

(10-27-2016, 10:03 AM)Section ThirtyOne Wrote:
(09-28-2016, 12:47 PM)tomh009 Wrote: Hopefully just being relocated ...

Can confirm, the Chargepoint EV charging station was replaced once the lot re-alignment was completed. Cool

Also I have had a reply from the mall management that they have added additional conduit for potential additional future EV charge cords pending additional funds.

RE: Mall Retail (Cambridge Centre, Conestoga, Fairview) - neonjoe - 12-14-2016

I noticed yesterday some ironwork sprouting up from the top of the former Target store at Conestoga Mall. They are working on something there.

RE: Mall Retail (Cambridge Centre, Conestoga, Fairview) - design.metro - 12-14-2016

I'm wondering why Ivanhoe Cambridge hasn't announced yet what they are planning for the space. Landlords seem to usually announce what they're doing with the space before they start construction. I was able to see inside a bit of the store from looking in the front windows. Looks like they have some frames up for some new walls. The placement of them seems very odd, though. There also appears to be a small whole dug in the floor at the front of the store. I'm wondering what that would be for.

RE: Mall Retail (Cambridge Centre, Conestoga, Fairview) - Markster - 12-14-2016

If I recall correctly, the hoarding inside implies that they're subdividing and extending the mall into the Target space. They've got a perspective drawing of an extended hallway on the hoarding.

RE: Mall Retail (Cambridge Centre, Conestoga, Fairview) - timc - 12-14-2016

I'm no expert on building malls, but it seems to me that people are unlikely to venture that far down without some sort of anchor being there.

RE: Mall Retail (Cambridge Centre, Conestoga, Fairview) - Markster - 12-14-2016

It's not as ideal, but I'm sure it's preferable to vacancy of a huge anchor space.

For many years, after the fall of Eatons, I remember the 3rd floor of Bayshore Shopping Centre in Ottawa was "anchored" by a Sports Experts. The malls make do with what they can get.

RE: Mall Retail (Cambridge Centre, Conestoga, Fairview) - design.metro - 02-03-2017

Apparently, Spring Rolls has closed at Conestoga Mall. Not sure if they are still open in the food court though. HMV and Jean Machine are also having their closing sales.