Waterloo Region Connected
General Retail News - Printable Version

+- Waterloo Region Connected (https://www.waterlooregionconnected.com)
+-- Forum: Waterloo Region Life (https://www.waterlooregionconnected.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Forum: Retail (https://www.waterlooregionconnected.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: General Retail News (/showthread.php?tid=21)

RE: General Retail News - KevinL - 05-31-2016

(05-31-2016, 08:46 PM)tomh009 Wrote:
(05-31-2016, 05:04 PM)KevinL Wrote: The IKEA Pickup and Order location on Gateway Park will be opening a week today, Tuesday, June 7.

So can you order online and pick up there?  Or you have to order in person?  How long does it take for the order to arrive?

You order online. The timeframe is not specified in their promo materials, but is quicker than custom delivery. More details here: http://m.ikea.com/ca/en/pages/local_store/pup_index/

RE: General Retail News - panamaniac - 06-02-2016

A sign has gone up for "Funhouse" - a new skater/snowboarder shop in the former Gloss location at 87 King St W. No indication of when I will open, but I assume it will be soon.

RE: General Retail News - Spokes - 06-03-2016

(06-02-2016, 05:59 PM)panamaniac Wrote: A sign has gone up for "Funhouse" - a new skater/snowboarder shop in the former Gloss location at 87 King St W.  No indication of when I will open, but I assume it will be soon.

I thought I saw their graphics on the retail component of the student building at University and Sunview too.

RE: General Retail News - panamaniac - 06-07-2016

The IKEA pick-up store is now open.

RE: General Retail News - tvot - 06-10-2016

I went to the IKEA pick-up location on Tuesday. Not a bad selection of items available for immediate purchase: shelves, tables, chairs, pillows, duvet covers, etc.. Some items, like the Lack coffee table had 6 colours on display, but 3-4 available for immediate purchase. They also had 12-20 computers set up for placing orders.

They were handing out coupons to get 15% off an order (from July 7th - August 7th), but they have to be used on an order placed in store, for pick up in store -- two trips required!

I'd prefer a full IKEA, but I'm sure I'll make use of this mini-store.

RE: General Retail News - panamaniac - 06-11-2016

(06-02-2016, 05:59 PM)panamaniac Wrote: A sign has gone up for "Funhouse" - a new skater/snowboarder shop in the former Gloss location at 87 King St W.  No indication of when I will open, but I assume it will be soon.

Funhouse is now open.

RE: General Retail News - thebigk - 06-20-2016

(06-03-2016, 08:48 AM)Spokes Wrote:

I thought I saw their graphics on the retail component of the student building at University and Sunview too.

The "Funhouse" at University and Sunview seems to be a board game and e-sports cafe.

RE: General Retail News - panamaniac - 06-22-2016

After a couple of months with no apparent activity, I noticed some folks at the Public Market on Frederick today. The door was open and the interior looked to be finished, down to tables and chairs in place. They are supposed to be opening on July 12th, according to the Public Kitchen & Bar facebook page.

RE: General Retail News - tvot - 07-10-2016

I noticed on my morning bike ride a few days ago that there are fences up around a large area of the parking lot at Beechwood Plaza parking (Erb & Fischer-Hallman). It looks like they will be building something in the corner closest to the intersection. But since I rarely go by there unless I'm on a bike ride I haven't had a chance to look around and see if there are any details posted.

Does anyone know?

RE: General Retail News - GtwoK - 07-10-2016

If I'm thinking of the correct corner, they're building 2 office towers there?

RE: General Retail News - rangersfan - 07-10-2016

GtwoK do you know of any details of the project?

RE: General Retail News - GtwoK - 07-10-2016

All I know is what was posted here, some months ago. I can't remember what thready they were posted in either, unfortunately

Edit: actually, I may have been thinking king of Erb / Ira Needles?

Edit 2: wrong again, it was Highland / Ira Needles I was thinking of. Oops. Way off, sorry!

RE: General Retail News - rangersfan - 07-11-2016

That's all good.

RE: General Retail News - KevinL - 07-11-2016

(07-10-2016, 09:44 AM)tvot Wrote: I noticed on my morning bike ride a few days ago that there are fences up around a large area of the parking lot at Beechwood Plaza parking (Erb & Fischer-Hallman). It looks like they will be building something in the corner closest to the intersection. But since I rarely go by there unless I'm on a bike ride I haven't had a chance to look around and see if there are any details posted.

Does anyone know?

This was just asked on a Reddit thread; the answer was that a Tim Hortons will be going in.

RE: General Retail News - BuildingScout - 07-11-2016

Good, I had noticed that this area is under-TimHortoned, with no Tim Hortons west of Philip, north of University. That's a big chunk of the city.