Waterloo Region Connected
General Retail News - Printable Version

+- Waterloo Region Connected (https://www.waterlooregionconnected.com)
+-- Forum: Waterloo Region Life (https://www.waterlooregionconnected.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Forum: Retail (https://www.waterlooregionconnected.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: General Retail News (/showthread.php?tid=21)

RE: General Retail News - gomesjustin - 04-04-2016

Couldn't find anything new on it - but it gives us an address, 130 Gateway Park Drive, which is the old Sears Home store. 

IKEA Canada Announces Pick-up and order point

"Burlington, Ontario – IKEA Canada announced today that they have secured a location in Kitchener, Ontario for their latest Pick-up and order point at 130 Gateway Park Dr. The location, slated to open in spring 2016, will allow customers who have shopped online or at an IKEA store to pick up their products closer to where they live."

RE: General Retail News - gomesjustin - 04-04-2016

Apparently Vrbanovic chased after the IKEA Canada President, Stefan Sjöstrand...lol

Ikea coming to Kitchener

Kitchener mayor chased IKEA President

"Sjöstrand said that he was leaving a climate change summit in Toronto on July 9, heading for the airport, when Kitchener mayor Berry Vrbanovic chased after him to introduce himself.

"I waited for when he was finished at the end of the session and said, 'Stefan, I said, I want to meet you,'" Vrbanovic said at the announcement on Tuesday. "'I'm the mayor of Kitchener and we want to have a store in Kitchener and, 'Funny,' he goes, 'We've just been talking that we'd like to be in Kitchener, too.'"

According to Sjöstrand, Vrbanovic was instrumental in helping the retailer find a suitable location and suggested the Sears Home location."

RE: General Retail News - panamaniac - 04-14-2016

A paper sign for "Independent Truck Company" has gone up in the window of the former Gloss on King St W near Ontario St. I understand that is a skateboarding shop, although forumers younger than me would likely know more.

RE: General Retail News - Section ThirtyOne - 04-15-2016

(04-14-2016, 06:13 PM)panamaniac Wrote: A paper sign for "Independent Truck Company" has gone up in the window of the former Gloss on King St W near Ontario St.  I understand that is a skateboarding shop, although forumers younger than me would likely know more.

Interesting.

Independent is a seasoned brand but I don't think they have their own franchise stores. Perhaps just a new skate shop that sells Independent?

RE: General Retail News - Spokes - 04-15-2016

(04-15-2016, 12:02 PM)Section ThirtyOne Wrote:
(04-14-2016, 06:13 PM)panamaniac Wrote: A paper sign for "Independent Truck Company" has gone up in the window of the former Gloss on King St W near Ontario St.  I understand that is a skateboarding shop, although forumers younger than me would likely know more.

Interesting.

Independent is a seasoned brand but I don't think they have their own franchise stores. Perhaps just a new skate shop that sells Independent?

That's my guess.

RE: General Retail News - panamaniac - 04-25-2016

The PetCulture stores in the Sunrise Shopping Centre and in Waterloo are closing:

http://www.therecord.com/news-story/6512440-pj-s-pets-closing-27-stories-including-two-in-kw/

RE: General Retail News - KevinL - 04-25-2016

The new Winners at Sunrise is opening on the 28th.

RE: General Retail News - Lens - 04-30-2016

We just launched two new shirt designs over at www.berlinsupply.co !

[Image: 20160430-IMG_6596.jpg?format=750w]  [Image: 20160430-IMG_6605.jpg?format=750w]

RE: General Retail News - panamaniac - 04-30-2016

The shirt on the left makes me think you could have a whole "historic companies of Kitchener" series, as long as the names were in the public domain.

RE: General Retail News - Chris - 05-02-2016

(04-30-2016, 09:49 PM)panamaniac Wrote: The shirt on the left makes me think you could have a whole "historic companies of Kitchener" series, as long as the names were in the public domain.

Do one for Blue Top Beer!

RE: General Retail News - panamaniac - 05-02-2016

(05-02-2016, 11:02 AM)Chris Wrote:
(04-30-2016, 09:49 PM)panamaniac Wrote: The shirt on the left makes me think you could have a whole "historic companies of Kitchener" series, as long as the names were in the public domain.

Do one for Blue Top Beer!

That's the one I was thinking of when I posted my comment.  Maybe one of the old button companies.  Even "Doon Twines" or "General Spring", although I don't know whether rope and auto parts have the right sort of cachet!

RE: General Retail News - panamaniac - 05-19-2016

I was down to Chapters this afternoon and I see that the new IKEA pick-up point is coming together quickly. I'm not sure when it's scheduled to open, but it won't be long from the looks of things.

RE: General Retail News - jamincan - 05-26-2016

I just came from a movie and the IKEA looks pretty much ready to open from the outside. There may be a lot more work to do inside though, but the sign was even illuminated.

RE: General Retail News - KevinL - 05-31-2016

The IKEA Pickup and Order location on Gateway Park will be opening a week today, Tuesday, June 7.

RE: General Retail News - tomh009 - 05-31-2016

(05-31-2016, 05:04 PM)KevinL Wrote: The IKEA Pickup and Order location on Gateway Park will be opening a week today, Tuesday, June 7.

So can you order online and pick up there?  Or you have to order in person?  How long does it take for the order to arrive?