Waterloo Region Connected
Grand River Transit - Printable Version

+- Waterloo Region Connected (https://www.waterlooregionconnected.com)
+-- Forum: Waterloo Region Works (https://www.waterlooregionconnected.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Forum: Transportation and Infrastructure (https://www.waterlooregionconnected.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Thread: Grand River Transit (/showthread.php?tid=13)

RE: Grand River Transit - timio - 07-19-2016

The conduits are embedded in the concrete for shelters at Highland/Fischer Hallman, but still no sign of shelters. The stops at Westheights/Westforest/Eastforest are temporary until road reconstruction on Highland in a few years.

RE: Grand River Transit - Pheidippides - 08-03-2016

Is there a reason the #8 Fairview via Weber is taking Victoria/Weber/Water/Joseph/Gaukel instead of sticking closer to its route on Margaret/Queen/Joseph/Gaukel? Turning radius perhaps?

RE: Grand River Transit - Markster - 08-03-2016

The intersection of King/Queen on Queen is too difficult to navigate for the buses. It's one of the many no-go zones downtown.

RE: Grand River Transit - Pheidippides - 08-04-2016

(08-03-2016, 10:37 PM)Markster Wrote: The intersection of King/Queen on Queen is too difficult to navigate for the buses. It's one of the many no-go zones downtown.

Thanks. I figured it was something like that. It still seems strange that the buses couldn't handle the little jog in Queen going straight through King.

RE: Grand River Transit - Canard - 08-04-2016

It is likely that the clearance envelope of the bus encroaches on the adjacent lane too much when navigating the S-bend.

RE: Grand River Transit - danbrotherston - 08-04-2016

(08-04-2016, 09:13 PM)Pheidippides Wrote:
(08-03-2016, 10:37 PM)Markster Wrote: The intersection of King/Queen on Queen is too difficult to navigate for the buses. It's one of the many no-go zones downtown.

Thanks. I figured it was something like that. It still seems strange that the buses couldn't handle the little jog in Queen going straight through King.

Many drivers of cars cannot navigate that particular intersection.

RE: Grand River Transit - Markster - 08-05-2016

Try to imagine two buses passing each other as they navigate the S-bend. It would not be an easy maneuver.

RE: Grand River Transit - Pheidippides - 08-05-2016

GRT Business Plan 2017-2021 Interim Report is now posted in the planning and works agenda for Tuesday's meeting:
http://www.regionofwaterloo.ca/en/regionalGovernment/resources/PW/PA2016-0809.pdf#page=34

Includes a draft 2021 transit network map.

RE: Grand River Transit - Waterlooer - 08-05-2016

I'm loving the proposed 10 minute peak frequency on the 201 and 202 for Fall 2017.

RE: Grand River Transit - chutten - 08-05-2016

I'm not liking the short-turn of the 92 at UW. It was the only local service along Fischer-Hallman that could connect with ION.

RE: Grand River Transit - Markster - 08-05-2016

(08-05-2016, 04:38 PM)chutten Wrote: I'm not liking the short-turn of the 92 at UW. It was the only local service along Fischer-Hallman that could connect with ION.

The 201 will connect with ION

RE: Grand River Transit - KevinL - 08-05-2016

(08-05-2016, 05:06 PM)Markster Wrote:
(08-05-2016, 04:38 PM)chutten Wrote: I'm not liking the short-turn of the 92 at UW. It was the only local service along Fischer-Hallman that could connect with ION.

The 201 will connect with ION

That's planned to be via the new UW station terminal road, yes?

RE: Grand River Transit - D40LF - 08-05-2016

I can't say Im the least bit fond of the proposed Belmont -Margaret and Laurentian West - Country Hills routes, which they will inevitably run in one direction off peak or something...

RE: Grand River Transit - KevinL - 08-05-2016

Some very clever stuff here, like having the 2 extend past Borden station then replace the Franklin loop of the 8, and the loops that D40LF mentioned (I do not share his fears of one-way operation). Country Hills will be losing a bit of local service (Wilderness where the 22 runs now, Williamsburg and Dunsmere for the 3); but that's what the community consultations are for.

RE: Grand River Transit - MidTowner - 08-05-2016

(08-05-2016, 06:08 PM)D40LF Wrote: I can't say Im the least bit fond of the proposed Belmont -Margaret and Laurentian West - Country Hills routes, which they will inevitably run in one direction off peak or something...

Is the 4 supposed to run between The Boardwalk and Grand River Hospital, and a separate service run Belmont-Union-Margaret? If so, I agree that the latter will inevitably have pretty poor frequency, and not a lot of utility for many people. I guess there's a lot of argument for Belmont having a service, but a 4 service going all the way down Union (or Guelph or Wellington or whatever) would probably be more useful for Breithaupt Park than what this 'Belmont-Margaret' service likely will be.