Waterloo Region Connected
Kitchener-Waterloo Oktoberfest - Printable Version

+- Waterloo Region Connected (https://www.waterlooregionconnected.com)
+-- Forum: Waterloo Region Life (https://www.waterlooregionconnected.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Forum: Arts and Culture (https://www.waterlooregionconnected.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Thread: Kitchener-Waterloo Oktoberfest (/showthread.php?tid=85)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

RE: Kitchener-Waterloo Oktoberfest - panamaniac - 10-14-2017

Bingeman's must have them feeling nervous. Or do I misunderstand the references to "original" and "authentic"?

RE: Kitchener-Waterloo Oktoberfest - neonjoe - 10-14-2017

(10-10-2017, 08:50 AM)rangersfan Wrote: Has anyone checked out the festivities at Bingemans this year?

We were given free tickets, will be checking it out this evening...

RE: Kitchener-Waterloo Oktoberfest - Section ThirtyOne - 10-15-2017

(10-14-2017, 02:43 PM)KevinL Wrote: They seem to have an emphasis on 'originality' and 'authenticity' in the marketing this year...

[Image: 1luu.jpg]

I guess Bingeman’s and TWB are not local businesses? /s

Please, this reeks of desperation and the KW Oktoberfest should be ashamed.

RE: Kitchener-Waterloo Oktoberfest - neonjoe - 10-16-2017

(10-14-2017, 04:19 PM)neonjoe Wrote:
(10-10-2017, 08:50 AM)rangersfan Wrote: Has anyone checked out the festivities at Bingemans this year?

We were given free tickets, will be checking it out this evening...

The event was fun. I did like the German beers being available along with the Innocente blonde and KW craft cider. Overall it did seem like a big promotion event for Waterloo Brewing, it’s like they just replaced Molson with Waterloo.

RE: Kitchener-Waterloo Oktoberfest - rangersfan - 10-16-2017

In my biased opinion that sounds like a very substantial improvement.

RE: Kitchener-Waterloo Oktoberfest - panamaniac - 10-16-2017

I love KW Craft Cider!

RE: Kitchener-Waterloo Oktoberfest - tomh009 - 10-16-2017

Each festhalle having its own beer sponsor could work well ...

RE: Kitchener-Waterloo Oktoberfest - Viewfromthe42 - 10-16-2017

There were definitely a bunch of Waterloo Brewing options, but they had two different German breweries with four options from them, at the bar at the back I bought at. Even if Oktoberfest were willing to bring in 3-4 German beers, I'd be very happy, but I also know that no one is otherwise going to step in and replace Molson's sponsorship, so...

RE: Kitchener-Waterloo Oktoberfest - Coke6pk - 10-16-2017

(10-15-2017, 08:00 PM)Section ThirtyOne Wrote:
(10-14-2017, 02:43 PM)KevinL Wrote: They seem to have an emphasis on 'originality' and 'authenticity' in the marketing this year...

[Image: 1luu.jpg]

I guess Bingeman’s and TWB are not local businesses? /s

Please, this reeks of desperation and the KW Oktoberfest should be ashamed.

This is the first thing I thought of... as there is nothing better than drinking that one beer brand offered at the festhalle, brewed by a foreign brewer under the guise of being Canadian.

Coke

RE: Kitchener-Waterloo Oktoberfest - tomh009 - 10-16-2017

(10-16-2017, 09:36 AM)Coke6pk Wrote: This is the first thing I thought of... as there is nothing better than drinking that one beer brand offered at the festhalle, brewed by a foreign brewer under the guise of being Canadian.

Coke

Not that I like their beers ... but Molson Coors is still half Canadian, even if their HQ is in the US.

RE: Kitchener-Waterloo Oktoberfest - ijmorlan - 10-16-2017

(10-16-2017, 11:29 AM)tomh009 Wrote:
(10-16-2017, 09:36 AM)Coke6pk Wrote: This is the first thing I thought of... as there is nothing better than drinking that one beer brand offered at the festhalle, brewed by a foreign brewer under the guise of being Canadian.

Coke

Not that I like their beers ... but Molson Coors is still half Canadian, even if their HQ is in the US.

Half Canadian and all tasteless. Tongue

[note: I don’t actually like the taste of beer at all, any kind as far as I can tell, but I hope Bingeman’s was hugely successful this year]

RE: Kitchener-Waterloo Oktoberfest - DHLawrence - 10-16-2017

If it's Oktoberfest, shouldn't all the beer be German?

RE: Kitchener-Waterloo Oktoberfest - nms - 10-20-2017

Wasn't there also Craftoberfest which was separate from the other two?

Don't forget too that many of the accredited KW Oktoberfest events are either run by or support local charities and community organizations, and that many of these events do not involve the sale of alcohol.

RE: Kitchener-Waterloo Oktoberfest - panamaniac - 10-20-2017

(10-20-2017, 12:42 PM)nms Wrote: Wasn't there also Craftoberfest which was separate from the other two?

Don't forget too that many of the accredited KW Oktoberfest events are either run by or support local charities and community organizations, and that many of these events do not involve the sale of alcohol.

neonjoe at post #43.

RE: Kitchener-Waterloo Oktoberfest - panamaniac - 05-16-2018

Lot 42 on Ardelt is going to be a new Oktoberfest festhalle this year. Capacity 5,000. It will also host the Miss Oktoberfest Ball.

http://www.570news.com/2018/05/16/k-w-oktoberfest-announces-new-venue-ahead-50th-anniversary/