Waterloo Region Connected
General Retail News - Printable Version

+- Waterloo Region Connected (https://www.waterlooregionconnected.com)
+-- Forum: Waterloo Region Life (https://www.waterlooregionconnected.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Forum: Retail (https://www.waterlooregionconnected.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: General Retail News (/showthread.php?tid=21)

RE: General Retail News - panamaniac - 01-20-2020

(01-20-2020, 01:53 PM)Rainrider22 Wrote: That whole mall really needs a do over to breathe some new life into it.  And it is so well positioned for location.  Would love to see more major restaurants...

"Major" meaning large or meaning chains?

RE: General Retail News - Rainrider22 - 01-20-2020

Either a really good neighborhood pub, or like Montanas, or similar. I know Fairway road has a lot and Victoria has Kelseys, so it makes it tough.

RE: General Retail News - Acitta - 01-20-2020

(01-20-2020, 01:53 PM)Rainrider22 Wrote: That whole mall really needs a do over to breathe some new life into it.  And it is so well positioned for location.  Would love to see more major restaurants...
I used to live across from the mall. It is disappointing that that area hasn't even got any interesting fast food places like a shawarma place or a burrito place, let alone a more upscale restaurant or pub.

RE: General Retail News - neonjoe - 01-20-2020

(01-20-2020, 07:51 PM)Acitta Wrote:
I used to live across from the mall. It is disappointing that that area hasn't even got any interesting fast food places like a shawarma place or a burrito place, let alone a more upscale restaurant or pub.
They do have Double Taste Shawarma and Pizza. Probably the best Shawarma Poutine and Shawarma Pizza in town. (That’s the only reason we ever journey to Stanley Park Mall)

RE: General Retail News - Acitta - 01-29-2020

Farm Boy grocery store in the works for Waterloo

Construction at King/Weber location likely to get underway in spring

RE: General Retail News - panamaniac - 01-30-2020

(01-29-2020, 11:09 PM)Acitta Wrote: Farm Boy grocery store in the works for Waterloo

A bit small, imho, but good to see.  I think they will do well there.

RE: General Retail News - westwardloo - 01-30-2020

(01-30-2020, 09:57 AM)panamaniac Wrote:
(01-29-2020, 11:09 PM)Acitta Wrote: Farm Boy grocery store in the works for Waterloo

A bit small, imho, but good to see.  I think they will do well there.
Great! I work near that location, So I will definitely be checking it out for lunch.  Farm Boy is a weird one, it seems like it would be a perfect urban yuppie grocery store, yet basically all their locations are suburban. In fact I think they only have one urban location.

RE: General Retail News - Watdot - 01-31-2020

Farm Boy will probably gain some student business from the Northdale area. Will be the closest grocery store for them now.

RE: General Retail News - panamaniac - 01-31-2020

(01-30-2020, 02:26 PM)westwardloo Wrote:
(01-30-2020, 09:57 AM)panamaniac Wrote: A bit small, imho, but good to see.  I think they will do well there.
Great! I work near that location, So I will definitely be checking it out for lunch.  Farm Boy is a weird one, it seems like it would be a perfect urban yuppie grocery store, yet basically all their locations are suburban. In fact I think they only have one urban location.
 Two - Rideau Centre and Westboro, with a third (Centretown) currently undergoing conversion from an urban Sobeys.  More are planned in the Toronto area, iinm.  Or at least they were, before the Sobey's takeover.

RE: General Retail News - Spokes - 02-04-2020

Didn't someone just suggest that Waterloo was due for a Farm Boy?

RE: General Retail News - panamaniac - 02-04-2020

Sounds familiar .... Smile

RE: General Retail News - Spokes - 02-04-2020

Was that you??? You're a smart one.

RE: General Retail News - panamaniac - 02-04-2020

You are not the first person to make that observation .... lol.

RE: General Retail News - Chris - 02-07-2020

LenJo Bakes has opened in the newly renovated building at Ahrens and Wellington.

RE: General Retail News - panamaniac - 02-07-2020

High-end, wedding cakes, etc?