Waterloo Region Connected
Charlie West (Charles & Gaukel) | 31 fl | Complete - Printable Version

+- Waterloo Region Connected (https://www.waterlooregionconnected.com)
+-- Forum: Land Development and Real Estate (https://www.waterlooregionconnected.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Urban Areas (https://www.waterlooregionconnected.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Charlie West (Charles & Gaukel) | 31 fl | Complete (/showthread.php?tid=710)

RE: Charlie West (Charles & Gaukel) | 31 fl | U/C - jeffster - 08-06-2020

(08-05-2020, 11:03 PM)Momo26 Wrote: Dreamcatcher the gentle young native looking guy? Basing this off name here. What does Shamari look like?

No, Dreamcatcher is an older lady that dances half-naked, half-baked at King and Queen and has several dreamcatchers and calls down evil on anyone that gets within 50 feet of her. What I can say, though, is that her curses are useless as I am still around.

RE: Charlie West (Charles & Gaukel) | 31 fl | U/C - jeffster - 08-06-2020

(08-05-2020, 11:46 PM)jwilliamson Wrote: I believe Shamari is the drum guy.

Yes, he is. Pickle drum guy for more accuracy. I have heard that a handful of people have had decent contact with him, but more often than not, it's better to leave him alone.

RE: Charlie West (Charles & Gaukel) | 31 fl | U/C - ac3r - 08-07-2020

(08-06-2020, 03:36 AM)jeffster Wrote:
(08-05-2020, 11:46 PM)jwilliamson Wrote: I believe Shamari is the drum guy.

Yes, he is. Pickle drum guy for more accuracy. I have heard that a handful of people have had decent contact with him, but more often than not, it's better to leave him alone.

Do you mean Bucket Man, as he's colloquially known? I know he can be aggressive towards people. It's best to not interrupt him while he's drumming, but other times he doesn't mind a short chat.

RE: Charlie West (Charles & Gaukel) | 31 fl | U/C - dtkvictim - 08-07-2020

(08-07-2020, 12:13 PM)ac3r Wrote:
(08-06-2020, 03:36 AM)jeffster Wrote: Yes, he is. Pickle drum guy for more accuracy. I have heard that a handful of people have had decent contact with him, but more often than not, it's better to leave him alone.

Do you mean Bucket Man, as he's colloquially known? I know he can be aggressive towards people. It's best to not interrupt him while he's drumming, but other times he doesn't mind a short chat.
Yeah, he's been in physical altercations with other homeless at the very least. I haven't seen him in nearly a year though. Has anyone else seen him around?

RE: Charlie West (Charles & Gaukel) | 31 fl | U/C - ac3r - 08-07-2020

Someone on Reddit mentions they've seen him around. Can't confirm of course. I hope he's well.

RE: Charlie West (Charles & Gaukel) | 31 fl | U/C - BruceAshe - 08-07-2020

(08-07-2020, 05:35 PM)dtkvictim Wrote:
(08-07-2020, 12:13 PM)ac3r Wrote: Do you mean Bucket Man, as he's colloquially known? I know he can be aggressive towards people. It's best to not interrupt him while he's drumming, but other times he doesn't mind a short chat.
Yeah, he's been in physical altercations with other homeless at the very least. I haven't seen him in nearly a year though. Has anyone else seen him around?

He's still around. I heard him in my neighbourhood last week. Not sure if he's still living down the street from me still, but I see or hear him occasionally.

RE: Charlie West (Charles & Gaukel) | 31 fl | U/C - jeffster - 08-08-2020

(08-07-2020, 05:35 PM)dtkvictim Wrote:
(08-07-2020, 12:13 PM)ac3r Wrote: Do you mean Bucket Man, as he's colloquially known? I know he can be aggressive towards people. It's best to not interrupt him while he's drumming, but other times he doesn't mind a short chat.

Last time I saw him was November. Not that that means anything, I haven't spent a lot of time DT lately.

RE: Charlie West (Charles & Gaukel) | 31 fl | U/C - panamaniac - 08-08-2020

As long as we're playing "whatever happened to", is the younger First Nations (?) guy who constantly sleeps on King St still around?  I don't think I ever saw him upright.  Does he/did he have a nickname too?

RE: Charlie West (Charles & Gaukel) | 31 fl | U/C - jeremyroman - 08-08-2020

This has been off topic for some time. If people want to continue to discuss the various characters of downtown, maybe that should be moved to a different thread?

RE: Charlie West (Charles & Gaukel) | 31 fl | U/C - jeffster - 08-08-2020

(08-08-2020, 10:43 AM)jeremyroman Wrote: This has been off topic for some time. If people want to continue to discuss the various characters of downtown, maybe that should be moved to a different thread?

You're right. This has gone seriously off-topic.

RE: Charlie West (Charles & Gaukel) | 31 fl | U/C - Rainrider22 - 08-08-2020

But i teresting none the less...

RE: Charlie West (Charles & Gaukel) | 31 fl | U/C - Momo26 - 08-09-2020

It's about the characters downtown, The ones who the new condo's lobby security and residents are going to become familiar with and quickly. It's not totally off topic Wink

RE: Charlie West (Charles & Gaukel) | 31 fl | U/C - panamaniac - 08-09-2020

(08-09-2020, 11:01 AM)Momo26 Wrote: It's about the characters downtown, The ones who the new condo's  lobby security and residents are going to become familiar with and quickly. It's not totally off topic Wink

Lobby security?  You mean the locked door that residents can hold open for strangers?  Wink

RE: Charlie West (Charles & Gaukel) | 31 fl | U/C - taylortbb - 08-09-2020

(08-09-2020, 11:38 AM)panamaniac Wrote:
(08-09-2020, 11:01 AM)Momo26 Wrote: It's about the characters downtown, The ones who the new condo's  lobby security and residents are going to become familiar with and quickly. It's not totally off topic Wink

Lobby security?  You mean the locked door that residents can hold open for strangers?  Wink

Charlie West is going to have a lobby "concierge", not sure if it's 24/7. City Centre phase 1 has 24/7 lobby security, so it's not unheard of.

RE: Charlie West (Charles & Gaukel) | 31 fl | U/C - jeffster - 08-09-2020

(08-09-2020, 11:38 AM)panamaniac Wrote:

I might be wrong, but with a larger building like this, you might have some sort of security, in particular, at night. I guess it all depends on their maintenance fees. 8 hours a night x $18/hour year round works out to about $60,000/year when you factor in payroll taxes and holiday pay and OT on stat days. I think there are 300 units at Charlie West. I have no idea what the fees will be, but we could safely assume $600 per month per unit. That works out to $180,000/month. Security would take a very small portion of that even if it was 24/7 security.