Waterloo Region Connected
Weber Street Reconstruction - College to Union - Printable Version

+- Waterloo Region Connected (https://www.waterlooregionconnected.com)
+-- Forum: Waterloo Region Works (https://www.waterlooregionconnected.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Forum: Transportation and Infrastructure (https://www.waterlooregionconnected.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Thread: Weber Street Reconstruction - College to Union (/showthread.php?tid=201)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

RE: Weber Street Reconstruction - College to Union - Drake - 01-01-2015

Any thoughts as to why this bridge was built with the 3rd rail option, yet when thet Margaret St bridge 2 rail plan came to light there was a scramble at the city to review that decision. I ask because it appears contradictory.

RE: Weber Street Reconstruction - College to Union - mpd618 - 01-01-2015

The bridge is very nice, I think, but those chair and shoe icons are super tacky.

RE: Weber Street Reconstruction - College to Union - Smore - 01-01-2015

(01-01-2015, 05:11 PM)Drake Wrote: Any thoughts as to why this bridge was built with the 3rd rail option, yet when thet Margaret St bridge 2 rail plan came to light there was a scramble at the city to review that decision. I ask because it appears contradictory.

Its next to future transit hub, need bypass tracks?

RE: Weber Street Reconstruction - College to Union - Spokes - 01-01-2015

Looking good!!

RE: Weber Street Reconstruction - College to Union - Canard - 01-03-2015

I thought they said they could squeeze 3 tracks under the existing Margaret design if they had to.

RE: Weber Street Reconstruction - College to Union - timio - 01-03-2015

(01-03-2015, 11:07 AM)Canard Wrote: I thought they said they could squeeze 3 tracks under the existing Margaret design if they had to.

I recall reading that too.

RE: Weber Street Reconstruction - College to Union - Markster - 01-03-2015

The Region's report justifying a 2-track bridge says that.
Whether Metrolinx would be comfortable with such an arrangement is another thing entirely.

RE: Weber Street Reconstruction - College to Union - Markster - 01-04-2015

Then please mentally substitute "City's" where I wrote "Region's".

RE: Weber Street Reconstruction - College to Union - HAL8950 - 01-04-2015

Well that didn't take long, to get intercity graffiti on the new bridge ;(

[Image: B6htxK2CMAAT-XJ.jpg:large]

RE: Weber Street Reconstruction - College to Union - Spokes - 01-05-2015

I'm anxious to see when the region plans to sell that piece of land that used to house that small plaza on the corner. Or if they'll hold onto it and build a regional building.

RE: Weber Street Reconstruction - College to Union - Canard - 01-05-2015

Well, the concept photo at the header of this thread shows a building there - so there must have been some thought put toward it...

RE: Weber Street Reconstruction - College to Union - MidTowner - 01-05-2015

It's a pretty good-looking building in that picture, actually (it almost looks like it has a portico). At the foreground is what looks to me like a big umbrella over a patio or outdoor eating area. It would be nice to have something with similar uses as to the plaza that was there before (a bar, a restaurant, a bit of retail) but much closer to both Victoria and Weber.

RE: Weber Street Reconstruction - College to Union - DHLawrence - 01-10-2015

When I saw it reported on the news my first thought was "You heard it here first!" Wink

RE: Weber Street Reconstruction - College to Union - Pheidippides - 01-13-2015

Ironically the degree of difficulty of applying graffiti and the ease of removal were part of the original report (page 11) proposing the visual "enhancements."
http://www.regionofwaterloo.ca/en/regionalGovernment/resources/CA2012-0425.pdf

Interestingly the original "concept" image shows only two glowing pylons along the track (on the west side), and two each along the road at Victoria and Weber and Breithaupt and Weber.

RE: Weber Street Reconstruction - College to Union - Markster - 05-11-2015

Some local street artists have added some small pieces of artwork to the underpass, as well as the sound barriers further north.

It livens the place up a little! Kinda nice to see a colour other than "concrete".