Waterloo Region Connected
New Theme - Printable Version

+- Waterloo Region Connected (https://www.waterlooregionconnected.com)
+-- Forum: Connected Café (https://www.waterlooregionconnected.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Forum: Forum Issues (https://www.waterlooregionconnected.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+--- Thread: New Theme (/showthread.php?tid=1134)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

RE: New Theme - tomh009 - 01-28-2018

Imgur no longer works, essentially they block use of images on forums unless you pay $100+ per year.

But free image resize apps exist for both Android and iOS (sadly other smartphone platforms are about as active as dodos) so resizing the image and saving it would allow you to attach it using the mobile version as well, I think.

RE: New Theme - Canard - 01-28-2018

Yes! That's what I meant by "-Resize it with ImageResize+" Smile

RE: New Theme - KevinL - 01-28-2018

If you want a decent free image host, I can recommend http://thinimg.com/

It doesn't do galleries or other bells and whistles like imgur, but it works!

RE: New Theme - MacBerry - 01-29-2018

(01-27-2018, 10:19 AM)dunkalunk Wrote:
(01-26-2018, 06:55 PM)Spokes Wrote: Ya it should be.  Will have to play around and find out the various colour codes to get them to match.

You mean converting the aqua blue to the green right?

Yup, although if it's also possible to change the header from slate grey to something warmer that would be neat too.

I like the contrast and strength of the current grey.

RE: New Theme - goggolor - 01-29-2018

Minor issue, but I find the red highlight behind the unread mail count really distracting, when the count is "0". I'm used to other interfaces where the highlight would only appear if you actually have mail.

RE: New Theme - jamincan - 01-29-2018

Yes, I've noticed the same thing. I keep on thinking I have a message, when actually I don't. Sad

RE: New Theme - Spokes - 01-29-2018

Ok. I'll be totally honest, being able to make it red upon a message arriving is beyond my skill set

RE: New Theme - KevinL - 01-29-2018

I'd rather it never be red, than always red.

Something to add to the list, if you haven't: the favicon. that generic lightning bolt is throwing me off...

RE: New Theme - Spokes - 01-29-2018

It's on the list. The original favicon file is still there, so I'm not sure why it's defaulting to the bolt. I'll look into it.

RE: New Theme - jgsz - 02-01-2018

Can one of the mods fix the error on the home page? 

Quote:Rumours are swirling that Momentum Development's newest condo project, Charlie West, at the corner of Charles and Gaukel in Downtown Kitchener has already sold all of it's units. This 26 floor tower could break ground sooner rather than later. ...Keep Reading

Charlie West is 31 floors.

RE: New Theme - tomh009 - 02-01-2018

I think only Justin can update the home page ...

RE: New Theme - Spokes - 02-01-2018

Ya I'll get to it this weekend.

RE: New Theme - plam - 02-01-2018

One minor thing with the theme is that when I click on "view new messages" in a thread, the top bar is a bit bigger at first and obscures the first new message until I scroll and the bar becomes small again. I'm using Firefox, but I suspect it's a cross-browser issue.

RE: New Theme - KevinL - 02-01-2018

(02-01-2018, 10:22 AM)plam Wrote: One minor thing with the theme is that when I click on "view new messages" in a thread, the top bar is a bit bigger at first and obscures the first new message until I scroll and the bar becomes small again. I'm using Firefox, but I suspect it's a cross-browser issue.

Same. It cuts off the name of the person who posted the top reply, and I have to scroll up to read that.

RE: New Theme - jgsz - 02-01-2018

(02-01-2018, 10:59 AM)KevinL Wrote:
(02-01-2018, 10:22 AM)plam Wrote: One minor thing with the theme is that when I click on "view new messages" in a thread, the top bar is a bit bigger at first and obscures the first new message until I scroll and the bar becomes small again. I'm using Firefox, but I suspect it's a cross-browser issue.

Same. It cuts off the name of the person who posted the top reply, and I have to scroll up to read that.

Me too.  I use Google Chrome.