Waterloo Region Connected
Other Forum Issues - Printable Version

+- Waterloo Region Connected (https://www.waterlooregionconnected.com)
+-- Forum: Connected Café (https://www.waterlooregionconnected.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Forum: Forum Issues (https://www.waterlooregionconnected.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+--- Thread: Other Forum Issues (/showthread.php?tid=208)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

RE: Other Forum Issues - timio - 10-22-2014

I've seen in a few places that a post doesn't appear, usually it seems to happen when there's nested replies (Quote within a quote).   Latest example that I've seen is in the ION Thread, a post by ViewFromThe42 only shows the quotes and not the response (Post #67).  I know this was happening earlier to others, but thought I'd mention it again.

RE: Other Forum Issues - Markster - 10-22-2014

So, do the posters of those posts see their text in their reply? It's so strange.

RE: Other Forum Issues - Viewfromthe42 - 10-23-2014

I checked my response, both as posted and when clicking edit, and my comment was indeed lost.

RE: Other Forum Issues - ookpik - 10-30-2014

FWIW I was getting this a few minutes ago while trying to navigate the forum:

Quote:MyBB SQL Error

MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error: 1040 - Too many connections
Query: [READ] Unable to connect to MySQL server
Please contact the MyBB Group for technical support.

RE: Other Forum Issues - Spokes - 10-30-2014

Were you getting it trying to view one specific thing, or everything? Anyone else? I just got home so obviously I missed all the fun.

RE: Other Forum Issues - BuildingScout - 10-30-2014

Got the same error while asking for new posts as well as just the home page.

RE: Other Forum Issues - Spokes - 10-31-2014

Well I apologize for the downtime. I'll look into it.

RE: Other Forum Issues - ookpik - 10-31-2014

I was clicking on a bookmark to www.waterlooregionconnected.com/search.php?action=getnew but the messages suggest the problem was more general, either the server was overloaded ("SQL Error: 1040 - Too many connections") or a communications error ("Query: [READ] Unable to connect to MySQL server.")

P.S. There's no need to apologize for the downtime. I appreciate all that you do for us. I just thought this needed to be reported in case it recurs or affects others.

RE: Other Forum Issues - timio - 11-06-2014

Seems to be a time issue on the server. I've turned off DST adjustment and it still seems to think it's an hour ahead of what it actually is.

RE: Other Forum Issues - Spokes - 11-06-2014

Fixed. It's set to automatically detect daylight savings time, but I'm not sure it does. Might mean a manual change has to happen twice a year.

RE: Other Forum Issues - ookpik - 11-06-2014

FWIW the newly released phpBB 3.1 now does DST changes automagically. Lobby myBB to do likewise.

RE: Other Forum Issues - DHLawrence - 11-10-2014

I think a bunch of accounts have been hacked; there are posts in either a foreign language or gibberish all over.

RE: Other Forum Issues - Spokes - 11-10-2014

There were a number of spam posts, is that what you were talking about?

RE: Other Forum Issues - DHLawrence - 11-10-2014

Could be, but I think a couple of existing members posted in the threads as well, unless they were responding.

RE: Other Forum Issues - ookpik - 11-10-2014

(11-10-2014, 07:15 PM)DHLawrence Wrote: I think a bunch of accounts have been hacked; there are posts in either a foreign language or gibberish all over.

If you mean earlier this evening, one new "member" apparently from Poland made about half a dozen spam posts in Polish. I responded as politely as I could under the circumstances. Pardon my FrenchPolish.