Waterloo Region Connected
Other Forum Issues - Printable Version

+- Waterloo Region Connected (https://www.waterlooregionconnected.com)
+-- Forum: Connected Café (https://www.waterlooregionconnected.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Forum: Forum Issues (https://www.waterlooregionconnected.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+--- Thread: Other Forum Issues (/showthread.php?tid=208)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

RE: Other Forum Issues - Markster - 09-13-2018

Yeah, the share buttons dead centre in the photos is a bit inconvenient.
I assumed you were experimenting, and would change that eventually.

RE: Other Forum Issues - Spokes - 09-13-2018

I was. Sharing is caring and all right?

They should be gone now, no?

RE: Other Forum Issues - danbrotherston - 09-15-2018

I am seeing occasional spam webpage popups appearing when I tap links on the mobile site this morning. Is anyone else experiencing this?

I only see it on this website, and I am on an android device, but I am open to the possibility this a problem with my device, so it would be good to be able to identify the source here.

RE: Other Forum Issues - jgsz - 09-15-2018

(09-15-2018, 07:33 AM)danbrotherston Wrote: I am seeing occasional spam webpage popups appearing when I tap links on the mobile site this morning. Is anyone else experiencing this?

I only see it on this website, and I am on an android device, but I am open to the possibility this a problem with my device, so it would be good to be able to identify the source here.

That's happening on my desktop too.

RE: Other Forum Issues - greybird - 09-15-2018

Also getting the pop-up ads on desktop. Seems to happen whenever I click on a link to enter a thread, move to a new page, etc.

RE: Other Forum Issues - Spokes - 09-15-2018

(09-15-2018, 07:42 AM)jgsz Wrote:
(09-15-2018, 07:33 AM)danbrotherston Wrote: I am seeing occasional spam webpage popups appearing when I tap links on the mobile site this morning. Is anyone else experiencing this?

That's happening on my desktop too.

I'd been noticing it too on my phone but haven't been able to hge to my computer yet. 

I'll play around shortly. Please keep providing updates, either they're continuing or if it stops

RE: Other Forum Issues - plam - 09-15-2018

Just saw that too on Android. I wonder if there's malware that got installed somehow. I've cleaned up after malware in the past, it's kind of annoying. Good to have someone who knows what they're looking for to take a look at the web server. Mail me if you want me to take a look (I'm sure others around here can too).

Thanks plam, that was my first thought/concern.

I'm monitoring it as much as I can right now (two little guys seem to be extra energetic this morning!) but I'll be in touch if it continues.

My last 10+ link clicks haven't resulted in any popups.
I uninstalled the tracking code I'd put in hoping maybe that was connected to it

RE: Other Forum Issues - Bob_McBob - 09-15-2018

I also noticed the random spam redirect. Nothing so far today.

Thanks bob. When DID you notice it? Last night?

RE: Other Forum Issues - Bob_McBob - 09-15-2018

Maybe a couple times in the last 24 hours? The last time was around 4am this morning.

Anyone else still experiencing this?

I pulled out some code that I think was causing it and for me at least, so far so food

RE: Other Forum Issues - plam - 09-15-2018

(09-15-2018, 09:27 AM)Spokes Wrote: Anyone else still experiencing this?

I pulled out some code that I think was causing it and for me at least, so far so food

Haven't experienced it since this morning. Whew!

Me neither. Thanks!
Fingers crossed we're all good.

RE: Other Forum Issues - KingandWeber - 09-15-2018

(09-15-2018, 09:27 AM)Spokes Wrote: Anyone else still experiencing this?

I noticed it last night, but haven't had any issues today.