Waterloo Region Connected
Fairview Park Mall - Grand Market District - Printable Version

+- Waterloo Region Connected (https://www.waterlooregionconnected.com)
+-- Forum: Land Development and Real Estate (https://www.waterlooregionconnected.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Suburbs (https://www.waterlooregionconnected.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Fairview Park Mall - Grand Market District (/showthread.php?tid=1187)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

RE: Fairview Park Mall - Grand Market District - KevinL - 01-23-2020

The more recent diagrams for stage 2 show the Ion corridor swinging a bit to the south of the Hydro corridor, so no further relocation is needed.

RE: Fairview Park Mall - Grand Market District - westwardloo - 01-23-2020

Of course it would have made more sense/ probably would have been cheaper to do it in phase one. But it was all about cost savings to get the LRT built and a hydro tower/ line was an easy line item to save a couple million. 

You can clearly see in the preliminary drawings for phase two that they will still be moving the hydro tower to a new subsurface station across fairway. Yes they shifted the alignment slightly but not enough for the leave the tower above ground at that location.

RE: Fairview Park Mall - Grand Market District - urbd - 01-30-2020

(01-22-2020, 06:09 PM)creative Wrote: From the above link.

This artist illustration should be considered as a preliminary demonstration model that illustrates a hypothetical long-term development scenario for the site. The massing, heights and site layout are conceptual only and do not represent current development plans. Any future development on the site will be subject to detailed design and the applicable planning approvals.

Thanks for being the only one that actually opened and read the link. Yes, yellow is Phase 1 (under construction), pink is Phase 2 (in planning stages) and blue is hypothetical/demonstrative only.

RE: Fairview Park Mall - Grand Market District - creative - 01-30-2020

Thanks urbd for being the only one that read my post!

RE: Fairview Park Mall - Grand Market District - Coke6pk - 02-03-2020

(01-30-2020, 03:17 PM)creative Wrote: Thanks urbd for being the only one that read my post!

Thanks creative for being the only one to post immediately above this post.

Coke

RE: Fairview Park Mall - Grand Market District - white_brian - 02-03-2020

Has anyone seen what the hwy 8 side is going to look like with the retained seats exterior. It drives me crazy thinking about what the two facades are gonna look like, crap come to mind!!! (I look forward to being proven wrong) lol

RE: Fairview Park Mall - Grand Market District - jeffster - 02-03-2020

(02-03-2020, 07:19 PM)white_brian Wrote: Has anyone seen what the hwy 8 side is going to look like with the retained seats exterior. It drives me crazy thinking about what the two facades are gonna look like, crap come to mind!!! (I look forward to being proven wrong) lol

You won't really be able to see it as the East Building will be hiding it. Though I would hope they can make it look better, but that would probably start another fight with the heritage people.

RE: Fairview Park Mall - Grand Market District - panamaniac - 02-04-2020

I suspect that the retained Sears wall panels may be the only attractive aspect of this project ....

RE: Fairview Park Mall - Grand Market District - ac3r - 02-04-2020

I wish they kept more of the old Sears facade. It was so iconic. This whole pseudo-industrial look is so kitsch.

RE: Fairview Park Mall - Grand Market District - panamaniac - 02-04-2020

(02-04-2020, 09:53 PM)ac3r Wrote: I wish they kept more of the old Sears facade. It was so iconic. This whole pseudo-industrial look is so kitsch.

Very true, in this case.

RE: Fairview Park Mall - Grand Market District - Lens - 02-05-2020

Work has started on the section across Fairway behind the grocery store

RE: Fairview Park Mall - Grand Market District - panamaniac - 02-05-2020

(02-05-2020, 08:59 PM)Lens Wrote: Work has started on the section across Fairway behind the grocery store

Work on what?

RE: Fairview Park Mall - Grand Market District - jeffster - 02-06-2020

(02-05-2020, 11:51 PM)panamaniac Wrote:
(02-05-2020, 08:59 PM)Lens Wrote: Work has started on the section across Fairway behind the grocery store

Work on what?

I am guessing reference is to Farm Boy, which is part of the entire project. Just across the street though.

RE: Fairview Park Mall - Grand Market District - white_brian - 02-06-2020

On page 2 comment 22 Markster shared an image showing what appears to be 2 restaurant pad sites adjacent to lot P

RE: Fairview Park Mall - Grand Market District - jeffster - 02-06-2020

(02-06-2020, 12:22 PM)white_brian Wrote: On page 2 comment 22 Markster shared an image showing what appears to be 2 restaurant pad sites adjacent to lot P

That's probably what it is.