Waterloo Region Connected
Weber Street Reconstruction - College to Union - Printable Version

+- Waterloo Region Connected (https://www.waterlooregionconnected.com)
+-- Forum: Waterloo Region Works (https://www.waterlooregionconnected.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Forum: Transportation and Infrastructure (https://www.waterlooregionconnected.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Thread: Weber Street Reconstruction - College to Union (/showthread.php?tid=201)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

RE: Weber Street Reconstruction - College to Union - jamincan - 07-12-2016

It does seem that something else is supposed to be bolted onto it, but you have to wonder why the flat bar and whatever is supposed to be installed on it (the real handrail?) weren't joined together prior to being installed on the railing.

RE: Weber Street Reconstruction - College to Union - Canard - 07-13-2016

Well, then you'd need to have clearance holes in the board on top, to access the head of the bolts securing the rail to the bracket. So then you lose your nice continuous unbroken top board look, if that's what you were going for. It'd also introduce a spot where dirt and debris could collect and pool over time.

RE: Weber Street Reconstruction - College to Union - MidTowner - 07-13-2016

Couldn't you put a plug from the same material in the clearance hole you drilled for the bolt?

You could, but that's extra parts and work and cost and it's unsightly, if that's the look you're going for.

We can go round and round in circles like this for weeks if you like, or we can sit tight until we know for certain it's finished, and see the final result. Smile

RE: Weber Street Reconstruction - College to Union - MidTowner - 07-13-2016

(07-13-2016, 08:18 AM)Canard Wrote: We can go round and round in circles like this for weeks if you like, or we can sit tight until we know for certain it's finished, and see the final result. Smile

To be fair, that was my first comment on the subject! It has seemed pretty clear to me that the thing is not done yet.

RE: Weber Street Reconstruction - College to Union - clasher - 07-13-2016

Maybe Flower boxes!?

Could be! I'm still going with monorail to the airport.

Wooden railings it is.

RE: Weber Street Reconstruction - College to Union - danbrotherston - 07-13-2016

(07-13-2016, 12:08 PM)Canard Wrote: Wooden railings it is.

Ha, thanks for finding out!

...and a timeline.

@Canardiain @berryonline @janemitchell @WRConnected Just got word...Installation of the wood railing to be complete by end of next week.

— Region of Waterloo (@RegionWaterloo) July 13, 2016

RE: Weber Street Reconstruction - College to Union - Canard - 07-24-2016

...which has now come and gone.

RE: Weber Street Reconstruction - College to Union - Canard - 08-07-2016

...aaaaaand, still nothing.

I was kind of joking before that maybe ion service will start prior to the railing installation being finished off - but now I'm thinking that just might be the case!

RE: Weber Street Reconstruction - College to Union - Canard - 09-08-2016

Aaaaaand still zero movement on installation of railings here. Getting very tired of being ignored on twitter by authorities; may have to rope the media in on this one.

RE: Weber Street Reconstruction - College to Union - clasher - 09-08-2016

Well at least I know where I can get some free flatbar now if the region doesn't wanna use it.

RE: Weber Street Reconstruction - College to Union - Canard - 09-09-2016

Big Grin

Tom says mid-September is the new date.

...I really want to make a joke about the railings being made by Bombardier, but that'd go against my ethics. Wink